“Beautiful!”

The Lost Waterfalls-Boquete
Ranked #2 of 45 things to do in Boquete
More attraction details
Owner description: The Lost Waterfalls is a moderate to difficult hike through the cloudforest in western Panama to three fabulous waterfalls. The hike can take from one to three hours round trip depending on how many waterfalls you want to see. If you are lucky you may spot sloths, monkeys, quetzals or any number of the fascinating wildlife living in the cloudforest.
Medina, Minnesota
“Beautiful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

This adventure was not only beautiful but also incredible fun and worthwhile. I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Visited September 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Herndon, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Boquete Waterfall tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

While on a recent business trip in August 2013, I inquired on local tours and hikes. I had the pleasure of hiking the Lost Waterfalls. Three magnificent waterfalls!! Moderate to advanced hike with rainforest 360 degrees around as you trek to the top. The lower two falls are increasingly beautiful as you climb. At the summit, BAMMM, such a magnificent view, a half crescent with water plummeting down from the peak of the waterfall. You can feel the mist spray from the falling water as you approach the pool at the bottom. This was truly worth the hike. Don’t miss this natural wonder…a must for beauty seekers!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Bryan S
Moorhead, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great hike, great views.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is a really great hike and the waterfalls are a prize! It was a bit rainy when I was there but it was no problem - probably made the waterfalls even more beautiful. Wear good shoes and bring some water. The pictures I got of these falls are awesome. I have one framed in my house and people can't believe I saw that fall in person. You can make it a long hike and see all three falls or you can turn around after 1 or 2 if you'd had enough. Enjoy!!

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jeff A
Edmonton, Canada
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 89 helpful votes
“Much more than a stroll through a park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

We hiked to the first two of the three waterfalls on this trail in early December on a "moist" day. The trail is moderately well maintained to the first falls, somewhat maintained to the second and really more of a path through the bush to the third (time did not allow us to complete this part). Sturdy footwear is recommended and flip flops are pretty much a guaranteed injury as there are inclines and sharp rocks and branches which could injure unguarded feet. There are steep sections above the first falls that required use of handholds such as trees and branches and some of the railings that have been installed. The trail to the top of the second falls (on the way to the 3rd falls) was muddy and required using roots and vines as handholds both going up and coming back down the trail.. A guide is not required, but might help trekkers spot wildlife which we did not see much of.

The two waterfalls we managed to get to were classic rainforest jewels complete with all the sounds and splendors of nature in this area and without the garbage and hawkers seen at many. We came prepared for a short jaunt across the suspension bridge and up a hill. What we expected was a 60 minute viewing turned into a wonderful 2 1/2 hour experience that we had to cut short due to weather and gear. Hopefully we will come back to this trail with more time and appropriate gear at some future date.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Bruce_Raynor
Minneapolis, Minnesota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Hard to find more beautiful scenery and waterfalls than this.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

This is a fantastic hike to amazing waterfalls. You will have a hard time finding anything more beautiful! My absolute favorite activity I did on my entire trip in Panama. We had a great guide and saw so many beautiful things in nature. If you are lucky you might even see a quetzal! My husband and I would love to go back someday to visit the new cabin. The owner Wendy is a wonderful person and so much fun. She made us feel so welcome. Don't miss this!

Visited January 2013