“Great Gelato!!!”

Gelateria La Ghiotta Boquete
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Boquete
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The owners are Italian and very friendly. The atmosphere is bright and cheerful and the gelato is fabulous! This is a small town where you can get a mediocre ice-cream cone for 50 cents, so people gripe about the$1.50 that you have to pay for the cones here. They don't understand that it is inported and much,much pricier in any other country. Also...hazelnut, pistachio, and other delightful flavors....mmmmmm!

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We drove by this place and stopped to try the gelato. Creamy, tasty, delicious. Best ice cream in the town, I was told. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I went here every couple of days during our visit to Boquete. So creamy and delicious, it's easy to get hooked!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We were in Boquete for 3 days and I saw "La Ghiotta" - Gelato Italiano, but it was closed. 2 days after we went back and we had one of the best gelato ever (and you can trust me, I'm Italian!). My boyfriend had a cone with stracciatella&vaniglia and I got a cone guayaba&strawberry (without milk as I'm lactose intolerant, I was so happy!). Moreover, we had a warm welcome from Milena and Stefano that just started this adventure few months ago and they are doing a great job! In bocca al lupo ragazzi! (Francesca&Olivier)

Reviewed December 20, 2013

The Gelatto was great, just like in Italy.... for that, I would return.. but the owner was not friendly.... would not let us use his facilities (a first for me after several years in Boquete), and the cones were pricey and unusually priced..... for example, seems everything starts at $1.50, even the tiny cup I ordered for my four year old.... then you can have a large cone or a small cone...... large $2.50, small, $1.50. I asked for the difference as I didn't see much difference in the cones, and he said the small holds two balls and the big hold three balls.....

So I asked if I could have the big as I liked to eat the cone but only give me one or two scoops, and he said, it is $2.50 no matter how many scoops you want. Then, when the ice cream was placed on the cones, there were no balls, just a spatula and his idea of whatever two balls were.....

Just made me a little uncomfortable and I can understand if you don't agree with me or think differently.

The plank on the wall was mounted too high for our use, and the table, was a tiny one for little kids about 5 years old so.... go figure on that one also.