“Delicious menu and peaceful setting”
Review of Restaurante Mango at Isla Verde - CLOSED

Restaurante Mango at Isla Verde
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: C l o s e d
Reviewed July 22, 2014

It's a real treat to go to Mango Restaurant. The menu is divine. We didn't try the pizza, though it certainly looked good. We tried two of the main dishes and a dessert and were very impressed with both. One was a pasta dish and the other a Thai-inspired noodle bowl. Our desert was a flan. I love that it's right in the downtown area, but set enough back that you don't hear the regular traffic. The river runs right next to the restaurant and you can see great views of Mount Jaramillo. I definitely recommend sitting on the patio!

1  Thank mbstrawn

Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had lunch here and found it to be excellent. The food was superb, the ambiance lovely, and the service quite good, as well. Don't miss this spot for a fine meal.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Surprisingly excellent in a nice modern cantina atmosphere. Excellent and attentive service was most pleasing. Locals recommended Mango as a pizza restaurant, which indeed they do serve. Our appetizers were uniquely tasty, as was the expertly prepared steak garnished with sautéed kale, surrounded by gnocchi. The seafood salad was equally innovative and gourmet tasty. Good wines and splendid desserts made this a memorable event for all four of us.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We found this restaurant via Tripadvisor (thank you!) & had the most delicious meal since... Aeons ago! After ordering, we received a small basket of foccacia with olive oil/balsamic which hit the spot. I'm vegetarian and was pleased to see goat cheese linguine on the menu, even more pleased to taste it - very fresh and creamy and melted in my mouth. My partner chose the lamb sausage mint & feta pizza and found it very tasty (he's been a chef for 12 years might I add). For dessert we shared a portion of the mousse terrine which was superb and hard to share (my advice is to get one each!) He also enjoyed the local ale, and the coffee, and I found the orange juice to be pure and fresh.

This meal was a little overbudget for our backpacking needs but was certainly great value at $11 - $13 for a gourmet main course. I would definitely return, and recommend others to visit too.

The restaurant itself is lovely with both indoor and outdoor seating options. We chose to sit outside surrounded by the lush gardens. All the fittings, lights, etc and tableware seemed carefully selected as opposed to standard design items. The service was excellent, with our waitress being polite, friendly, and efficient.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

Very nice atmosphere, excellent food. We went with a local couple and had no problem with service......the waitress was very attentive. There were about four other tables seated and they all seamed to get good service. I ordered the goat cheese linguine and it was exceptional. The serving size was small but adequate. I had a side salad as well and did not leave hungry.
I will go back again on my next visit to Boquete.