“Complex flavors, local ingredients,”
Review of Restaurante Mango at Isla Verde - CLOSED

Restaurante Mango at Isla Verde
Cuisines: Pizza, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: C l o s e d
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Craig prepares lovely meals with complex flavors. Loved the entrees as the flavor was wonderful. Loved the simple breakfasts. Very reasonable prices. High quality ingredients sourced, as often as possible, from local farms he knows. Really enjoyed the relaxed environment that we could either dress up or dress down for. Delicious breads. Really great place!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

this place is great!! I'll start with everything that was awesome: the inside decor is nice, the outdoor garden is beautiful (on a sunny december afternoon, it was full of blooming flowers and had a good breeze). the food is really great - surprising flavors, excellent combinations (we had three salads and the onion soup, and we couldn't decide which was the best -- I loved the quinoa salad so much, my husband was leaning towards the asian beef salad which we got with chicken instead of beef). also, the wifi worked great so we used some of the time making some arrangements for the next day.
a few little issues though: 1. the service was nice, but quite slow (that was ok since we had time and were having a good time, but at other times could get annoying -- 40 minutes to make an order and get water?). 2. the area smells. as we parked the car in front of the building we were hit with a strong sewage smell. you can't smell it in the restaurant or the garden, but in front of the building, kind of gross. 3. the bathrooms were not cleaned and also smelled of... well, dirty bathrooms. both ladies and men's.
nevertheless, one of my favorite meals in panama, if not the favorite, food-wise (and we went to the top 2-3 restaurants in every town we went). highly recommended, especially if you are not in a hurry.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

This is a newer restaurant to the area and a welcome addition. The setting is gorgeous and the service was very friendly. I like that we could dress up a little to have dinner here. I would have rated it excellent but I think they need to expand the bar items a little (only had a few spirit choices). This may not matter to everyone but it did to us as we like to have a nice fruity cocktail prior to dinner, well at least us girls do. Even so, we will put this on our return list for future visits as it was very enjoyable.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

My husband and I really enjoyed the Tai bbq chicken pizza that we shared for dinner. It was a great value at only $13. Lovely setting as well.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I have heard this was an excellent breakfast opportunity. I was not dasappointed. I visited twice this past weekend. The first breakfast I had an omelet with real smoked ham (not the usual slice of sandwich ham), blue cheese, tomatoes and side of potatoes and slice of pineapple and papaya. The second time I had the salmon eggs benedict. Another great breakfast. We sat on the patio with one of the best views in Boquete and a gentle breeze.