“Wow - this is a place you will talk about!”

Fire Side Inn - Georges' Grill
Ranked #13 of 106 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This is a place that will WOW you - not just because the food is very good and the chef/owner being caring and personable...it will wow you in the sense of when you walk into this rather humble restaurant (as far as it is not what you think of for architecture of a high class food restaurant - my wife refers to it as the "chicken coop" while others just call it the "A" frame). You think you are in a very nice high city restaurant when your food comes out on nice white plates and plated very nicely, the fish is exceptionally fresh (the fish man brought in the morning catch, sold it and fileted it right there in front of the restaurant) and it was on my plate within 30 minutes. My initial piece of tuna was a little over done for my liking, the chef noticed when I checked on our food, so about 5 minutes later I had a brand new plate and tuna served to me with a "sorry, I realized my grill was not hot enough when I started that first piece so please accept this as my apology." Reallly is a good place and a few dollars less expensive than comparable restaurants in the area. You will be pleasantly surprised by this place!

1  Thank Dustin C
There are newer reviews for Fire Side Inn - Georges' Grill

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Tammy our waitress was the best! The food was really good and just a short walk from Boquete Garden Inn.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

We enjoyed a delicious gourmet meal and great service on New Year's Eve. A warm fire warmed us on a chilly evening.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

We stayed at the Boquete Garden Inn just down the street and had a late dinner at George's our first night. I wasn't sure what to expect, but my husband and I were pleasantly surprised. I had a very tasty cream of spinach soup and a Mediterranean platter with falafel, babaganoush, and hummus, accompanied by George's home-made pita bread. My husband had the grouper, which he polished off in no time. As we were the only ones there (a group left just as we sat down), we had the undivided attention of a very nice American waitress who sweetly kept lighting our table candles, which were being blown out by the frequent wind gusts. It was a cool night, but we were very comfortable sitting at a rustic wood table by the fireplace. Don't miss George's when you go to Boquete. The food and the prices are great!

1  Thank bigbird7
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My B&B hosts, Joan and Andrea, recommended George's and also went with me to have a good steak. I was NOT disappointed at all! It took awhile to get, but it was all made to our orders! The drinks were yummy too! Now the "restaurant" was actaully an outdoor ramada that thankfully he had put up plexiglass or some type of wind break. It was a bit cool the first part of December 2013 in the late evening. We also split a dessert.....all hand made. YUMM
I thought the company, food , and prices were all GREAT! I will go back here!

1  Thank Linda F