“Can't beat the food or the prices”

Fire Side Inn - Georges' Grill
Ranked #10 of 104 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: International, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Boquete, Panama
“Can't beat the food or the prices”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

George started this restaurant from scratch. The building is a work in progress, but the food is first rate, and the prices can't be beat. George himself is a treasure. He's open, friendly, and responds to special requests if the ingredients are on hand. Great steak, great seafood, great foreign food choices, and great desserts. When we want a quick meal or a special meal, we always choose George's.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank retiredinpanama

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“5 Star Diamond in the Rough”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

A two minute walk from Boquete Garden Inn, Georges' Grill is unique in many ways.

First, the food is outstanding and very reasonable.
The chef is "George" who also happens to be the owner and prepares his dishes using his own organic garden fruits and vegetables. He bakes his own breads and desserts every morning and prepares all of his own sauces. Fish, Shrimp & Lobster are brought up from the Pacific on demand so it's mega fresh. Other organic meats are purchased from local farmers where organic quality is assured. His pizza's are prepared in an open fire oven....very good! His desserts are not only made fresh everyday but they are delicious. You might also try his White Sangria with your meal....it's hard to stop with just one!

Second, George speaks English, Spanish and French and is a delightful person who enjoys his guest and uses his vast restaurant and cooking experience to provide the best breakfast, lunch, & dinner experience in Boquete. His staff is friendly, attentive and committed to your dining experience.

Third, if you are wanting a white table cloth, elaborate decor kind of place then Georges' Grill may not be for you, but if you want to go casual, sit in home made chairs or on a rustic picnic table with rustic atmosphere then it's an excellent choice. His does have a small private dining room behind the kitchen but it's still not white table cloth. The food defiantly makes up for the some what primitive decor.

Let's put it this way, I spent a week in Boquete and ate at some very good restaurants but I have to say my lunch and dinner experience at Georges' Grill was my favorite. Bon Appetit!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank BillyYOLO
Navarre, Florida, United States
“Wonderful meal. Great ambiance”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great food, inexpensive prices. Chatted with expats who told us all about the area. Laid back environment. George came out of the kitchen and introduced himself when we were finishing up our meal. Very cordial and helpful. Two thumbs up.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Elizabeth T
“Great find!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Unique restaurant setting. Extremely high quality food at an excellent value. The lobster bisque was to die for. Can't wait to return. An extremely pleasant surprise.

• Visited May 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
“Great find!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We stayed at the Boquete Garden Inn, five minute walk away. We enjoyed dinner at George's 3 times during our 2 wk stay, and would have gone there even if we weren't five minutes away!! George is an excellent chef. His menu is eclectic and interesting. Presentation of the food is lovely. I had the mahi mahi twice and I don't even like fish. It was just delicious. His chicken cordon bleu was excellent, best I have ever had. I enjoyed my meals so much that I ordered desserts I never would have tried at home and I am glad I did. He makes a mean tres leche cake!!! If you are in Boquete, give his place a try. It's not fancy, you might want to bring a jacket if it is cool cause it is sort of open air, but you will feel taken care of and have a lovely meal. Keep up the good work George!

• Visited August 2013