“Loved every minute”

Franklin's Horseback Riding
Ranked #5 of 12 Nature & Parks in Boquete
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

We had a wonderful time on our ride. We saw birds and plants that we had never encountered before. We were able to experience all types of terrain and climb to the top of a hill and see all the surrounding area. It was not boring at all. One of our friends was on a horse for the first time and the guide was very helpful to her. The rest of us were experienced and he allowed us to run the horses. I would definitely go again!

1  Thank GourmandTours

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Our friends joined my wife and myself for a wonderful adventure just outside of Boquete today. The weather in Boquete was cool and blustery with intermittent rain and we were concerned about being exposed to those elements for 3 hours on a horse - Franklin assured us that the weather in Caldera was quite different and we agreed to go - the weather was perfect as promised - sunny and exquisite! Franklin and our guide Jaimie were great getting us setup with the right match for horses and off we went in a group of 7 riders. Jaimie led us on a break-in lap so we all had a feeling for how our horses acted - the horses are a blast as they stopped for every mango, cashew and apple along the way. The scenery was great and Jaimie was extremely attentive to any of us who straggled behind due to our horses indulging in roadside treats and made sure the group stayed together. Jaimie helped us with each horses' personality and made the trip enjoyable - the scenery was the magnificent topping. For a group of four who hadn't been riding in decades, we felt fully safe and comfortable and have a wonderful Boquete memory!!! Muchas Gracias!

1  Thank Stvecohen
Reviewed March 23, 2014

This is one of the best trail rides I have ever been on. So much variety, narrow paths, open mountain pastures, creek crossings, bamboo forest and steep hills. James our guide, picked fruit right off the trees for us to try. He said the horses didn't like to eat apples and carrots, they prefer mangos, sweet fruits and sugar cane. This ranch picked us up at our hotel in Boquete and dropped us back off after our ride all for $35.00. What a deal! James was very knowledgable. He could answer any questions we had in English or Spanish. Thanks for a great ride.

1  Thank Elaine C
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We did horsebackriding which was really great!! We galopped several times and the guide was really really good. And also the horses we're really nice and friendly, so it didnt galopped by itself or anything. The guide explained also alot about nature.
We went up the mountain and had a great view! This is also good for beginners if you havent tried it before. it was great experience and we would do it again.
After all this we went to the hotsprings for a warm bath! It was a good day! :)

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I am in my sixties and wanted to experience horseback riding but I was very scared. My Spanish school suggested Franklin's and it was so amazing. The guide was so helpful and patient and right away, I felt in good hands as the right horse was chosen for me because of my lack of experience. What an amazing experience and I should add, if I can do it at my age, anybody can.
I am telling everyone around Boquete about Franklin and his horses.