“Best Riding Experience! Back Country Trail Riding, no nose to tail!”

Franklin's Horseback Riding
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Franklin Rovetto will take you on a wonderful two to three hour trail ride. The views from the top of the trail are beautiful - you can see the Atlantic Ocean and Pacific Ocean at the same time! Franklin will do his best to match you with an appropriate horse. It is back country trail riding, no nose to tail, so you should be able to control a horse. If you haven't ever ridden I don't recommend this as a first time, but if you have, you'll LOVE IT! Franklin's English is very good so don't feel uneasy about communications. Be sure to bring water and camera!

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"panama"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am so glad Franklin is now on Trip Advisor. We rode with him in November 2012 and I kept trying to get Trip Advisor to post him under attractions. Franklin speaks excellent English (self taught) and picked appropriate horses for our (very slight) level of skill. Nonetheless, he did not hesitate to challenge us a bit and we rode high into the hills above his cousins' property for spectacular views of Caldera.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I visited Boquete and went on this horseback riding tour with my sister (6 years old) and some friends. Horses are very calm, steady and easy going, not much experience needed in horseback riding. Bring a water bottle and camera and you're set to enjoy amazing views and a truly relaxing experience.
My sister although being so young really enjoyed it and rode her own horse even though she was offered to be guided by one of the tour guides.
If you wish to take Franklin's Horseback riding tour here's the contact info:
cell: +507 6588-5054

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband, daughter (13) and I are not equestrians by any means, but she wanted badly to go horseback riding on our vacation in Panama. We booked through Boquete Outdoor Adventures, but the experience all came down to Franklin. Like other reviewers have said, you can tell he really cares for his horses - it was a pretty hot day and he was very careful to make sure we took lots of breaks and let the horses roam a bit and get a lot of freash water.

The scenery in Caldera is absolutely breathtaking. Franklin knows every twist and turn like the back of his hand and we didn't ever feel unsafe, even though we were all pretty much newbies. Like the other reviewers have said, he is also very fun to talk to and quick with a joke.

One thing to note is that there is not a lot of instruction - maybe 5 minutes at the beginning when Franklin told us how to hold the reins and direct the horse. Of course, you learn as you go along but if you're new to riding, and the type who needs a lot of instruction and theory first, you might not find that here. We found that refreshing coming from the sometimes overly cautious (and litigious) U.S. :) We just wanted to get out and ride, and that's what Franklin helped us do. It was a great time!