“Riding in the Open Fields, High in the Moutains”

Franklin's Horseback Riding
Ranked #5 of 12 Nature & Parks in Boquete
Reviewed July 14, 2013

The scenery was breath taking! Franklin was a good guide. First time riders pay attention: Franklin will tell you what you need to know to control the horse. And his horses were nice.

There are newer reviews for Franklin's Horseback Riding

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I am so glad Franklin is now on Trip Advisor. We rode with him in November 2012 and I kept trying to get Trip Advisor to post him under attractions. Franklin speaks excellent English (self taught) and picked appropriate horses for our (very slight) level of skill. Nonetheless, he did not hesitate to challenge us a bit and we rode high into the hills above his cousins' property for spectacular views of Caldera.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I visited Boquete and went on this horseback riding tour with my sister (6 years old) and some friends. Horses are very calm, steady and easy going, not much experience needed in horseback riding. Bring a water bottle and camera and you're set to enjoy amazing views and a truly relaxing experience.
My sister although being so young really enjoyed it and rode her own horse even though she was offered to be guided by one of the tour guides.
If you wish to take Franklin's Horseback riding tour here's the contact info:
cell: +507 6588-5054

Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband, daughter (13) and I are not equestrians by any means, but she wanted badly to go horseback riding on our vacation in Panama. We booked through Boquete Outdoor Adventures, but the experience all came down to Franklin. Like other reviewers have said, you can tell he really cares for his horses - it was a pretty hot day and he was very careful to make sure we took lots of breaks and let the horses roam a bit and get a lot of freash water.

The scenery in Caldera is absolutely breathtaking. Franklin knows every twist and turn like the back of his hand and we didn't ever feel unsafe, even though we were all pretty much newbies. Like the other reviewers have said, he is also very fun to talk to and quick with a joke.

One thing to note is that there is not a lot of instruction - maybe 5 minutes at the beginning when Franklin told us how to hold the reins and direct the horse. Of course, you learn as you go along but if you're new to riding, and the type who needs a lot of instruction and theory first, you might not find that here. We found that refreshing coming from the sometimes overly cautious (and litigious) U.S. :) We just wanted to get out and ride, and that's what Franklin helped us do. It was a great time!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I thought this horseback riding tour would be in Boquete, instead, I was taken to nearby Caldera or 'crater'. This area is mostly private land and is made up of beautiful rolling hills and trees surrounded by a panoramic view of the mountains. It's an incredible, relaxing place to be, especially at sunset. Franklin's Horseback Riding tour is a trip you will never forget!