“A treat in Boquete”
Review of Isla Verde Spa

Isla Verde Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Boquete's No.1 Ranked Spa for over a year on Tripadvisor! Awarded 2014, 2016 Certificate of Excellence in our 1st full year of operation. Fully trained Professional Therapists. We are situated just 2 mins. Walk from the center of town in the beautiful Isla Verde Gardens. As one of our 5 Star reviews says "DONT MISS THIS!"
Boquete, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A treat in Boquete”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Like all the other reviews, the massage is great, but if you want to take it to another level, then you should try the hot stone massage. I really enjoyed the addition of the heat to the massage. I have had both the regular and the hot stone massage here, and they are both great; the hot stone massage being the "extra" in the already special treat of getting a massage. Great Place to get a massage of either kind.

Visited December 2013
MarkPerrenJones, Owner at Isla Verde Spa, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for us. Have a great New Year!

Qualicum Beach, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“Relaxing and therapeutic...loved it”
Reviewed December 13, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I had massages with two different massage therapists, and we were both very happy with our treatments. We had been hiking all day and our muscles were tired and sore so this was a welcome relief. Not only were we impressed with the massage, Mark was extremely accommodating, fitting us both in last minute. Great service.

Visited December 2013
We hope to see you soon! Thanks so much!!
Boquete, Panama
“Needed help for chronic multiple pain areas”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Mark spent time listening intently to get the overall picture of what the problems were. He provided desired information of what was happening in my body and how it all worked. That is important to me so I can understand, visualize and be able to do the recommended work to achieve the results. I had acupuncture for the first time, along my spine, and spent a good 20 minutes with a warm pack over my low back, and just relaxed. Heavenly. He demonstrated the rumble roller and had me try it also. Since it won't fit in my suitcase, I will order it online from Amazon to have it ready for me when I arrive back home. He affirmed (what I already knew and resisted) the need to make my workouts a daily priority. When I left the center, I was amazed at how free and loose my back was. I felt I had fablulous posture for the first time in my adult life, and was walking on air. Thanks isn't enough.

Ellicott City, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Relief, thy name is Isla Verde Massage and Beauty Center”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

During my current stay here in Boquete, I became keenly aware that the ride up to the top of Baru Volcano is not for the weak of heart or tush. On my return to town today there was not a muscle, tendon, ligament, or bone in my body that was not in some form of discomfort. Enter Karen and her magical touch. This savior was able to restore my body to its original (pre-volcano climb) state of comfort. As with the parent on a child, she new when to push hard and when to step back, when to apply pressure and when to just let things move naturally.

I think you will also be very pleased with the personal attention of Mark (owner), the professionalism and attentiveness of the entire staff, the tranquility of the property, and the value for the dollar is amazing.

This was my second visit on this stay and while the first was equally great experience, nothing can compare to today's treatment

I can't wait to see what kind of pain I'm in when I am here next time so I can let these professionals again prove themselves.

Visited November 2013
Thank you very much for writing a review for us, i really appreciate it!! happy New yr!
Boquete, Chiriqui, Panama
“Wooden-spoon biting fabulousness!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

My massages were not the relaxing, sinking into a 'moment of bliss' type. mine were more of the painful, therapeutic type. If there had been a wooden spoon to bite down on, he would have a permanent indentation to remind him of the year we worked together. My situation was different.

I came for help because of lack of trained physiotherapists in Chiriquí to help me with an extreme case of sciatica caused by disc issues and piriformis syndrome, and I knew, and trusted Mark. Between us we set up a treatment plan, where he would work on my body in the sessions, and I would stretch and self myofascial roll at home.

What set mark apart from other therapists i have known, apart from his extensive training, background, professionalism, was his ability to work with me as a person. I was, when I first saw him, a wreck, physically and emotionally. I had been through, and let down by, many different doctors, therapists, five surgeries , pills, injections, and at the end of my tether. I was terrified of needles, but through his gentleness i was able to benefit from acupuncture. He listened when I needed to ventilate how I was feeling. Being long term 'disabled', plays with your mind as much as anything else.

So where i am today, is because of Mark. not entirely, he's no 'miracle worker'! I had to do a lot of work myself. I had to be very disciplined, doing all of the prescribed exercises and stretches at home. I also am a certified personal trainer and had to design my own physiotherapy regime. As if said, there is a severe lack of trained people in Chiriquí. Fortunately there is Mark.

Now, I am able to sit for more than 20 minutes ,I can watch TV. I am able to go window shopping for clothes. I am also able to conceive of returning to nursing work, a demanding physical job. Thank you Mark!

Visited November 2013
Thanks so much for your review Jo. Have a great 2014!