“Had to have a burger!”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Boquete, Panama
“Had to have a burger!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This U.S. Gringo was in Boquete for 3 months...enjoying all the local Panamanian restaurants & fresh produce from the Mercado. Suddenly one day I had cheeseburger withdrawal. I had heard and read many good things about the burgers at Amigo's...they were all correct...the cheeseburger was terrific! The fries where crispy. The service was attentive and swift. One can people watch in on Central Park. This pace shall be my burger hide-a-way.

• Visited May 2013

Faro, Portugal
“Good food and atmosphere”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I found this a very nice place to hang out in the evenings for a drink or to have a nice meal. Nice music!
Reasonable prices.

Visited February 2013
Panama City, Panama
“Great Variety and Food”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place is very well located, right there at the town square. The food is delicious and you can choose between a wide variety of foods from sea food, to pizzas, ceviches, beaf, etc. There are two environments: outside and inside the place. During weekends they sometimes have live music. The only reason I am not giving a "5" score is that sometimes the service can be a little slow. Being a local allows me to visit restaurants often and I have been to Baru many times. This is why I can comment that the service sometimes is a little slow. But I will keep going there since overall it is a very good place.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank 1Arlyn1
“Restaurant Baru is a MUST!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Is very important to highlight that the rating of this place is unfair! I travel a lot and very frequent and My family loves good! We went around Boquete from restaurant to restaurant following the ratings given by tripadvisor and just by coincidence stopped at restaurant Baru with no great expectations since it was rated #16 in Boquete, to our surprise it was above and beyond anything we where anticipating.
Here you can eat from a juice burger or gourmet dinner to an great pizza.
I had butter garlic prawns with steamed vegetables and organic vegetables salad and it was fantastic, my wife had an grilled octopus with french fries and it was fabulous.
Our recommendation is for anyone that arrives in Boquete should start eating in the restaurant that has the rating of #16.
And by the way the photos shown are outdated I will post new photos.

• Visited May 2013
Reno, Nevada
“A very good dinner”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had langustino and mashed potatoes. It was very good. Another time I had Shrimp ceviche and that was excellant. We went early because we were told there had been a couple of muggings in the past week on our way back to hotel. So it was not as safe to walk at night as we thought. This had nothing to do with the Baru restaurent.

Visited April 2013