“Great Variety and Food”

Restaurant Baru
Ranked #38 of 103 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Panama City, Panama
“Great Variety and Food”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

This place is very well located, right there at the town square. The food is delicious and you can choose between a wide variety of foods from sea food, to pizzas, ceviches, beaf, etc. There are two environments: outside and inside the place. During weekends they sometimes have live music. The only reason I am not giving a "5" score is that sometimes the service can be a little slow. Being a local allows me to visit restaurants often and I have been to Baru many times. This is why I can comment that the service sometimes is a little slow. But I will keep going there since overall it is a very good place.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank 1Arlyn1

“Restaurant Baru is a MUST!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013 via mobile

Is very important to highlight that the rating of this place is unfair! I travel a lot and very frequent and My family loves good! We went around Boquete from restaurant to restaurant following the ratings given by tripadvisor and just by coincidence stopped at restaurant Baru with no great expectations since it was rated #16 in Boquete, to our surprise it was above and beyond anything we where anticipating.
Here you can eat from a juice burger or gourmet dinner to an great pizza.
I had butter garlic prawns with steamed vegetables and organic vegetables salad and it was fantastic, my wife had an grilled octopus with french fries and it was fabulous.
Our recommendation is for anyone that arrives in Boquete should start eating in the restaurant that has the rating of #16.
And by the way the photos shown are outdated I will post new photos.

• Visited May 2013
Reno, Nevada
“A very good dinner”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had langustino and mashed potatoes. It was very good. Another time I had Shrimp ceviche and that was excellant. We went early because we were told there had been a couple of muggings in the past week on our way back to hotel. So it was not as safe to walk at night as we thought. This had nothing to do with the Baru restaurent.

Visited April 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Fun place”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

After our first formal dining in the area we decided to go casual and relax, we found this nice setting with outdoors seating by the park.
They had a selection of american food, however we went for a Hawaiian pizza that to our surprise was very nice. The place was packed with people sitting in the front terrace. Super place for a cold beer and a snack.

Visited April 2013
Republic, Washington, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Outside Dining Bliss”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

I went to this cafe twice. The first time I had an individual pizza that was great. I sat outside with friends and waited to view the Mardi Gras parade. Between the Panama beer (the only beer they serve) and the pizza I had a wonderful time. The (almost) bare-nekked lady in the golf cart wasn't bad either. I would definitely recommend this place!

• Visited March 2013