“I love it here!!”

Ranked #2 of 30 Boquete B&B and Inns
Ottawa
“I love it here!!”
Reviewed February 28, 2009

I felt so at home at this hotel!!! Everybody was wonderful. I was welcomed as a friend. Danny gave me all the info I needed about Boquete -- great restaurants, where to go, maps, adventures to be had. It was great. He set us up for tours right away so we took advantage of the time we were there. (Only 2 days...I think 4 is better for Boquete...really get out there and see the sights...they are BEAUTIFUL.) The rooms are the best I've seen and are comparable to North America and 'big city' places. My friend and I had a wonderful time. I recommend this place for people who want a quality place to stay that isn't hard on the wallet. I couldn't believe the great value for level of service we got, with our breakfast included and even a drink at the bar...which, of course, we took advantage of both nights...ha! I love this place!!

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
new jersey
Reviewed February 14, 2009

my husband and i are wrapping up our trip in panama...back to the hustle and bustle of panama city. i wish i could keep the feeling of peace we had when we were in boquete and at the little peace of heaven at boquete garden inn. our room was lovely. the bathrooms were so clean and modern looking...i haven't seen anything like it in panama to be honest. the room had a cozy feel, beautiful bedding, so comfortable. we wish we had stayed longer. 2 days really isn't enough for this great little town. we went on a coffee tour, we saw some beautiful gardens and we went horseback riding to hot springs. very unique. and the best thing, now that i compare this inn to other hotels in panama , especially panama city, you really get great value at boquete garden inn. we especially liked the free drink at their 'social time'. we met some great people there and the staff were very friendly and helpful. i would really recommend a stay here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Panama City, Panama
Reviewed January 28, 2009

The owners, Jason & Susan took over this place about 9 months ago and have really turned it into one of the best places to stay in Boquete. It's been totally remodeled, very clean and comfortable, you really can't ask for more. The complimentary happy hour in their gazebo by the river every night is a great opportunity to meet the most interesting people from all over the world. In fact, Boquete is filled with adventurerous people. There are many great restaurants and tours and the staff at Boquete Garden Inn couldn't be more helpful. One side note, the rooms are two to a building with one upstairs. The stairs are on the steep side so if you have a bad knee like my wife does you might want to book a downstairs room. Another mirror in the room would be helpful too. You really can't go wrong with this place.

• Liked — It was exactly as reported on their website, great staff, great location, interesting people
  • Disliked — Noisey bed, not enough mirrors
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Norfolk, Virginia
Reviewed January 19, 2009

We spent two nights here and wished we had spent four. Boquete has lots to do, and if you rent a car then the Boquete Garden Inn is the perfect launching pad for activities. It is a 5 minute drive from the heart of town but most of the tours come and pick you up from the hotel. Activities that we can recommend highly are white water rafting, a coffee plantation tour, and a visit to the paradise gardens rescue & rehabilitation center. Boquete Garden Inn gave us excellent recommendations and helped us set up all our activities in Boquete. You can trust them!

• Liked — Aesthetically Pleasing & Comfortable
  • Disliked — There is only hot water in the showers, not the sinks.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed January 19, 2009

We stayed here for three nights and it is a very nice hotel with comfortable rooms and friendly staff. I particularly enjoyed the drinks receptions in the evenings.

The one major drawback is the location if you haven't got a car. We really struggled to get taxis back from the town in the evenings from 8pm onwards. It is a brisk 30 minute walk (and we don't walk slowly) which in almost complete darkness isn't ideal. We didn't feel unsafe or anything but would have much preferred to get a taxi. Despite asking in numerous bars it was very difficult.

Having said that I would still recommend the hotel.

• Stayed December 2008
Dallas
Reviewed January 8, 2009

My wife and I returned to Boquete a little over a year after our first trip--this time with our 2 boys and my brother and his daughter in tow.

The new owners have done a great job remodeling the bathrooms in the units with very nice fixtures. The rooms definitely seem fresh and revitalized from our previous stay.

A daily egg dish has been added to the free continental breakfast, and the ones I tried were all well-prepared and delicious.

As always, the grounds are beautiful and were in the process of becoming even more so as dozens of new plants were being put in throughout the property. The dozens of different birds are constant visitors with colors rarely seen in the US or Europe.

If you stay here, be sure and take advantage of the daily happy hour each evening, where you will have a great opportunity to mingle with the other guests and the owners. We talked with individuals, couples and families from all over the world during our 9-day stay--and everyone was exceedingly friendly and interesting. I am convinced something about Boquete makes people completely relaxed and friendly.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank bmeansdfw
Torrance
Reviewed December 18, 2008

The Location: Set against the river, with beautiful gardens, and the perfect decor. Just far enough from town to be enjoy peace and quiet, close enough to feel connected.

The Rooms: The rooms will make you feel at home. Our room had a very inviting feel and did not feel like a hotel room by any means.

The service: A perfect breakfast every morning of fresh local fruits and other items was included with our stay every morning. Our rooms was cleaned and organized everyday while we were out and about adventuring. I left change and valubles in plain sight everyday and arrived to find them arranged nicely (the coins were actaully stacked by size). I never had to worry about anything going missing.

The owners: This is what sets the Inn apart. The new ownsers (I believed arrived in May) genuinely care that you have a good time. They have found the perfect business, as the are extremely warm and welcoming. If you are looking for activities to keep you busy, they are great about making suggestions and booking your outings for you. More than anything, it was apperant that our overall experience in Panama was very important to them.

Considering the places I have stayed this year, including the Venetian in Las Vegas, I would consider this my best lodging experience and plan on returning to the Inn agian.

• Liked — The overall experience and value.
  • Stayed December 2008