All reviews large fireplace garden view ceviche trout local ingredients beautiful inn gardens are beautiful our room was spacious rainy season collins salto panama town spaciousness oasis festival
Selected filters
Reviewed February 11, 2019

Had a small breakfast on terrace off the main dinning area. Cappuccinos and local cheese with chorizos, pan fried bread as extra. Muy satisfecho! Service was leisurely; however, just as I required for a mid-morning repast; i.e., descansando. The grounds of this over 100 year old hotel are very lovely. If one can believe the hotel promo, Sean Connery stopped here. Can you say: “Bond, James Bond”? Apparently, he preferred “El Salto”! James, “Stirred, not Shaken,” Que Pasa? Soon, the first day opening numbers of the 2019 Boquete Jazz & Blues Festival will take to the air. We’ll be there! Quisira un Salto, por favor!

Room tip: As regards breakfast, menu states “desayuno incluyo” with room
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
HOTEL PANAMONTE B, División Cuartos Supervisor at Hotel Panamonte, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2019

Greetings from Panamonte,

Thank you very much for the excellent comments.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your food service with us and look forward to your future visit at the Hotel Panamonte.

Reviewed December 28, 2018

I made the mistake of reserving for my family and Friends for Christmas dinner at this hotel. Little did we know the experience we were about to have. 15 minutes passed by for somebody to show at our table to take our order, after that we waited for another 20 minutes for appetizers, and believe it or not, another 58 minutes passed by before we were server our food. In several occasions we called the waitress that was serving the table beside ours and she said at least two times to wait for her, but she kept ignoring us and even told us that she wasn’t assigned to our table and she couldn’t help… I stood up and went to look for somebody to help us with the service and a gentleman came and said that he personally would take care of us but, he disappeared as well. Finally I asked for a HOT coffee and he brought the coldest coffee you could imagine. When I complain about it, he confirmed that is was cold and mentioned that “the barman is a disaster”. Disaster is the poor service received, so when I went to pay for the extras (since I’d prepaid the dinners with the reservation) I requested not to be charged for the service, to which the lady at the front desk said “sorry is mandatory”, which also violates Panamanian laws.
If you are looking for a place to have a nice dinner experience and to celebrate with family or friends, please make yourself a favor and DON’T EVER GO TO THE PANAMONTE.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Upon arrival we were received by the friendly front desk manager, who took us on the long and winding pathways, surrounding beautifully kept tropical gardens, to our comfortable room, with a private terrace with, again, garden view! Our room was spacious and equipped with all amenities one could wish for. The high ceilings, sliding glass doors that give acces top the garden, and comfortable king sized bed made our stay extremely enjoyable.

Room tip: Rooms in the back with a private terrace in the garden
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

We stayed at the Panamonte Inn for 3 nights with our two teens, ages 16 and 17. The property and rooms were lovely, and we enjoyed the breakfast each morning - a choice of hot and cold, including a delicious fruit bowl. Most of the staff was very helpful and friendly, particularly Jose, who went out of his way to make sure all was well.
While I have no complaints at all about the rooms and environment, there were communication issues that got in the way of a five star rating. We had booked activities through the hotel, but no information was left for us about times, what to bring, etc. When we chased down the info, some of it was incorrect. All turned out fine, but a hotel of this caliber should pay more attention to detail.
Finally, this hotel does draw an older demographic. While my husband and I enjoyed this, it was not the ideal “vibe” for a family with teens.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed March 15, 2018 via mobile

We were staying elsewhere but the restaurant was highly recommended. It was a Wednesday night and the restaurant was empty. We went into their bar which was lovely. A great fireplace around which to have a drink. We went back to eat. I had the corvina ceviche. Ceviche is supposed to be seafood cooked in acid flavors. The fish had clearly been precooked and the acid and onions added later. My friend ordered pork cheeks which are supposed to be small tenderly cooked pork. She got some kind of ribs which we questioned as to whether it was pork. My husband had the smoked pork chop and it was dry. My other friend had the chicken ramen type dish and he said it was tasteless. So, a dinner of disappointment. Service was good but since we were the only ones there, it should have been.

Date of stay: March 2018