“Can't wait to go back!!!”
Review of Hotel Panamonte

Hotel Panamonte
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Boquete
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We spent a wonderfully relaxing ladies weekend at the Panamonte Inn in Boquete and had a wonderful time. The rooms are spacious and clean, and the beds are amazingly comfortable. The food is outstanding with portions to certainly fill the largest of appetites. Looking dpforward to returning in the very near future.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
HOTEL PANAMONTE B, Director de Recepción at Hotel Panamonte, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2016

Greetings from Panamonte,

Thank you very much for your excellent review.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and our food-beverage service and look forward to having you, parents and friends at the Hotel Panamonte.

Please use the PANAMONTE HOTEL-RESTAURANTE accounting for the future reviews.

Best regards,
Doris Taylor Reservations Manager

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had a short stay but very pleasant. The room overlooking the garden in which I was very nice and comfortable, with a touch of classic, spacious bathroom with good amenities. I emphasize that I had one of the best Eggs Benedict for breakfast I've had in my life, I must congratulate the chef certainly gave one a unique touch with the lemongrass, the service was excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Santiago C
dvisite, Front Office Manager at Hotel Panamonte, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you very much for the excellent comments. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to your future visit at the Panamonte.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

From my guidebook, I expected a stuffy old world experience. Not at all. Panamonte is a charming property, with beautiful gardens, a very nice bar, and probably the best restaurant in Boquete. We stayed in El Fresal, the 3-bedroom "apartment" across the street and were very happy with the experience. Walking distance to town but along a quiet dead-end street. The gardens were so pleasant. Great room service (full restaurant menu). Great service all around. Highly recommended if you want to be in town.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MCllano

Reviewed August 2, 2013

It is very hard to find a spot as perfect as the Panamonte in all of Panama. It has everything a traveler like me requires: charm, comfort, excellent personalized service and wonderful cuisine. I went there a couple of night ago for an overnight and it was just that, perfect. I started at the bar with their famous El Salto cocktail, just after the fireplaces were lit and the warm fires beckoned.
The handsome dining room did not attract me because I was alone, and so I chose instead to have dinner at the bar, which management promptly and courteously provided. The food was delicious (a lovely mesclun and goat cheese salad with lardons followed by a hefty portion of corvina (sea bass) with fresh mushrooms and thyme. I asked for vegetables instead of the mashed potatoes and what a treat to eat organically grown fresh veggies in Panama, grilled just so with good olive oil and herbs. Breakfast the next morning was also wonderful.
My single room was comfy, the bed a bit too hard for my taste, but everything else was right.
I can not wait to find another occasion to return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank greennman

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We spent a wonderful weekend here with another couple. The bar is gorgeous and the mojitos are delicious (with mint picked straight from the garden!)! If you aren't staying at the Panamonte you must at least go to their bar, as it is one of the most tranquil places on Earth.The gardens are beautiful and the rooms are comfortable. If I have it my way, I'll never stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kate S

Reviewed June 23, 2013

The hotel is fabulous, it has an excellent location, despite the 45min car trip from David's airport. The place is just amazing, very well cared, the plants, the flowers, the gardens, it is all so nice. If you looking for a calm place to relax, read a book, enjoy your stay in a calm place, this is it. It is surrounded by beautiful garden, and green everywhere, the only noise you hear are the birds. You must try the dinner at the restaurant of the hotel as well, my wife and myself had fish (truta in Portuguese) and langoustine, both were espetacular, for desert lemon pie is the top, but the strawberry is also something. The service is also great, you almost do not feel but they are always there, fantastic place, recommend and you go back there. For those who don't like 50-100 seats airplane it can be an issue because that's about what you get from panama to David, then as stated above 45 min drive. Nevertheless, worth it.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We went to Boquete for our honeymoon, and could not have been more pleased with Panamonte. We had the honeymoon suite, which is enormous and has a jacuzzi and a personal outdoor fireplace. The service was incredible, including the transfers from the David Airport (thanks to Elmer!). We ate dinner every night at the restaurant because it was so delicious. My personal favorite was the hearts of palm ceviche, and the filet was incredible as well. The grounds are picturesque, and it is beautiful even when it is raining. This place was all around impressive. Our one issue was with the music choice, which was 80's and 90's rock... weird choice for a rustic escape from it all.

Room Tip: Honeymoon spot is romantic and perfect for a couple.