“If you have an interest in natural health, this is a must-visit..”

Cloud Forest Botanicals
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: DUE TO HEAVY RAINFALL, The Medicine Way Trail tour is temporarily closed until necessary repairs on the trail can be completed. Tour Finca Luz, a working organic rainforest medicinal plant and coffee farm in the highlands of Boquete, Panama, where it is always cool and green. Enjoy a 2.5 hour educational, entertaining, delicious tour of a gorgeous cloud forest ecology--from cathedral-like forest to meadow to wetlands to greenhouse...taste, touch, smell and learn about the plants that have thousands of years of healing history...and are being used today by Big Pharma. Finish your tour with organic coffee, herbal lemonade, tropical fruit and our own special goodies. Enjoy the stunning vista out to the Pacific Ocean and towering Volcan Baru. Relax. Breathe. Enjoy.
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Great tour! The walk is not difficult at all... Elizabeth was very knowledgeable and it was interesting to learn the uses for each plant. The homemade sweet tea at the end of the tour was fabulous and the grounds are beautiful and well cared for.

Elizabeth W, Owner at Cloud Forest Botanicals, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

It was an especially beautiful day when you visited, Lisa. We appreciate your interest. Please return soon!

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Took this fabulous tour in February, and haven't forgotten it since! Being a previous botany student I was immediately intrigued by the opportunity to explore Panama's native medical plants, so naturally the tour and I were a perfect match! However, I also convinced my very good friend (who is not a plant enthusiast in the slightest) to join me. By the end of our walk, talks and a lovely afternoon tea we were both equally excited. Elizabeth and Diane are inspiring women and their trail is a must do while in Boquete. Thanks Ladies!

-Chelsea and Erin, Calgary AB Canada

1  Thank Chelsea D
Elizabeth W, Owner at Cloud Forest Botanicals, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

We get our inspiration from the plants and the magic of Finca Luz, here in the highlands of Boquete. Sharing our passion with our guests is always a pleasure. Thank you for visiting and I hope you will return! Stay in touch.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

My husband, son and I took the tour on Wednesday March 6th and had a wonderful time. We learned a lot about how plants can be used to help us stay healthy and relieve pain and discomfort! It was followed up by an outdoor picnic with a gorgeous view and great company!

You and your family were wonderful guests! I hope you will return--I'm sure your dad would like some more of the coffee-orange marmalade!

Reviewed March 9, 2013

It was nice meeting both Elizabeth and Diane. The tour was very informative and the views from the property spectacular. The treats at the end of the tour were tasty. I spent two weeks in Panama, and this was one of the highlights. Thank you.

You and the others on the tour were delightful--so interested, asking great questions. We love sharing the hospitality of Finca Luz with all our many visitors. Thanks for coming along!

See more reviews
Reviewed January 26, 2013

If you plan to go to Panama you must go to this venue. These gals know their stuff and can help you with many health issues. They also have a great line of skin products that are all natural and feel great on your skin.
The trail walk was very easy to do and so informative. They have created a wonderful oasis high above the town with great views and great hospitality.
Treat yourself to a wonderful afternoon or morning with a visit to Cloud Forest Botanicals/ Finca Luz.
Thank you Elizabeth and Diane for your insights and caring. I will come back when I return to Panama.
Sincerely .. Linda Jones .. Vancouver .. Canada

Elizabeth W, Owner at Cloud Forest Botanicals, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

It was a perfect day for your visit, Linda. Thank you for coming. The weather has been fantastic--sunny, warm, a bit breezy a times, but what's a little wind? Please do come back. You will be most welcome.