“Pretty authentic Mexican for being in Panama...”
Review of Antojitos Mexicano

Antojitos Mexicano
Ranked #64 of 112 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed May 6, 2012

We've only eaten here once, but I got the corn tortilla tacos (1 pork, 1 steak, 1 chicken) and she got a quesadilla with cheese and chicken. All of this came with "mexican salad": think diced tomatoes, onion, cilantro, etc & also a small bin of hot sauce. The tortillas, flour and corn, were all freshly made, and made well! The salsa/ensalata was decent and the hot sauce did the trick.

Face it, we're in Panama people - not Mexico - but this was pretty darn good take-away (dining in IS available) food, for someone who misses some of the Mexican-style food! Prices were quite decent as well.

I would recommend giving it a try when in Boquete.

Reviewed April 24, 2012

had dinner 3 times in March 2012...great Margaritas, good food , nice locale even though just off the main street

Reviewed April 5, 2012

I was doing my 2nd guiding tour of Panama with another group of friends and stopped by in Boquete for a few days, enough to try a few other restaurants as I love visiting Boquete.

We went after night had fallen and there was only a couple there. We ordered and ate at a normal place though it was obvious we were going to be the last customers prior to closing for the night.

The food was ok, we have had tastier Mexican food in Panama city and Europe. Nothing extraordinary but kind of lacked spices, I was a bit disappointed myself. My friend however ordered something with chicken and got stomach troubles.

The bathrooms were clean though.

Reviewed March 30, 2012

I was excited for but disappointed in Antojitos. The tortilla soup was decent but the al pastor (I had the pork) tacos were a laughable attempt at Mexican food. No spice, no flavor, truly disappointing. And consequently overpriced (that is to say, if they'd been well executed I wouldn't have minded spending 7 or 8 dollars on three pretty small tacos).

Reviewed March 29, 2012

Stopped in for dinner on a rainy night. We received a warm welcome and a delicious meal. The beans were delicious, as well as the mole. The waitress was friendly and even helped us with some of our Spanish. Great food and a good value.