“Great Fish in the Mountains”
Review of Big Daddy's Grill

Big Daddy's Grill
Ranked #6 of 106 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Lunch and dinner! Featuring the freshest seafood in Boquete, with the best fish tacos, creative and fun cuisine. Have a hand crafted Margarita on our new back patio, the most laid back and fun place in town!!
Reviewed January 11, 2013

I recently had the chance to eat at Big Daddy's twice on our visit to Boquete. The first night, they had blown through their fish and snook (robalo) was on the menu (the menu changes as the fish gets eaten). I have never seen snook on the menu at an American restaurant. Having fished and caught a huge amount of ocean fish (from swordfish, to grouper to all the tunas to salmon and anything in between, I had never had a chance to fish the mangroves for snook nor taste it. It is one of the best eating fish ever and was made fabulous by the fish house. I ended up ordering a fish sandwich to go after my meal, because I wasn't sure I would ever get another chance to eat snook again in the near future. I put this on the top of my fish eating list. We snuck in one last visit before returning home a couple of days ago making an order to go for the drive to David, but alas it was only Dorado (it was still yummy). Normally, I wouldn't be disappointed in Dorado, but oh for the love of snook...

ElizaSlagle, Owner at Big Daddy's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Funny, I lived in FL 11 years & never had the chance to taste Snook myself! People kept telling me it's one of the best eating fish, but alas. Then we opened Big Daddys & when the Snook is in, Larry & I always grab a fresh Snook Sandwich. So glad you had to Snook! And thank you for writing in! Yours, Elizabeth (aka Mrs. Big Daddy).

There are newer reviews for Big Daddy's Grill

Reviewed January 9, 2013

So I am landlocked in Alberta so when I go away I love to get fish. We travel quite a bit and I can say that I have never had fish cooked so well and taste so fresh. A margarita to start that was evilly awesome and then the plantain chips to start were great . Mahi mahi fish on a hydroponic salad was cooked to perfection. The fish tacos were so good the fat man in me ordered more because we could not get enough!

Elisabeth and her staff are great and I will be going back!

ElizaSlagle, Owner at Big Daddy's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Fun! I like the way you write & I LOVE the way you eat! Tell "the fat man in you" to order seconds ANY time! ("Lil Mama has a fat girl in her, too!) What a happy review & I'll pass your compliments on to the staff. I always say, it's not just the fresh fish that makes BDG a hit.. it's the classy, fun clientele! Yours truly, Lil Mama, a.k.a. Mrs. Big Daddy

Reviewed January 7, 2013

I grew up in Central Florida and ate fish right off the docks almost every single week for the first 20 years of my life. These days, though, I hardly go for seafood anymore, as pretty much anything you can find in even the higher-end U.S. restaurants is farmed, frozen, tasteless stuff shipped in from southeast Asia. Not at Big Daddy's. The food here brought me right back to the old days. Fresh, thick, juicy cuts of whatever's good that day, treated just the right way - fried to lock in the flavor or grilled not one second too long in just enough spice to accent the fish without overpowering it. Perfect. Great side dishes (fried plantains never get old), homemade sauces, and excellent drinks. All for a bargain. Don't miss it!

ElizaSlagle, Owner at Big Daddy's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

That's exactly right! Never purchased frozen.. .Never farm-raised! (Note: my dadwas fussy about not over-cooking fish. He would be so proud if he could read your comment.) We are just thrilled you appreciated the freshness & we hope you can return. Thanks also for noticing our good prices. Very truly yours, Elizabeth

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Went a few time there and had excellent tuna fillets or wings. The bjrgers anf salats are good portion sizes and very tasty. Food was very enjoyable and I have never seen such clean toilets in South America. Kitches was open and very well cleaned.

Oh thank you so much! Those wings are indeed very tasty! And thank you also you for noticing the good service & the cleanliness. Our attitude is "do it; prepare i; serve it; and yes -- keep it clean -- the way we would for our own family." When you are here, you are family. Come back! Yours truly, Elizabeth

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Based on other reviews, we ate here tonight and were not disappointed. The special was snook, which we had never heard of before but we tried it and it was delicious. Very fresh and nicely seasoned. The onion rings were delicious. Service was excellent and the owner was very pleasant, making sure everything was OK. Will return again before we leave Boquete.

ElizaSlagle, Owner at Big Daddy's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

Thank you, Thank you! It was lovely having you and I know just where you sat! Please do come back. I can't promise Snook, but it's fun to see what Big Daddy has in store. Always a surprise. Always fresh. See you soon! (Oh, we close Monday). xoxo Elizabeth