“Highly Recommend”

The Guest Suites at Manana Madera Coffee Estate
Reviewed March 29, 2014

What a great place to stay in Boquete. Randy who is the proprietor of the estate, stopped at noting to make my trip comfortable, safe, and fun. The rooms are beautifully designed, clean, and the views are stunning. Randy drove me into town and picked me up whenever I wanted, and guided me to activities and dining during my stay. Do not have any second thoughts if you are looking for a quality place to stay in Boquete. I will definitely return if I ever find myself in Boquete again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My wife and I stayed at Manana Madera for 4 nights and our experience was perfect, start to finish. The estate’s owner, Randy, went out of his way to make sure our trip and excursions ran smoothly. He genuinely wanted us to have a relaxing vacation. Randy’s friendliness and up beat personality instantly made us feel right at home.

The guest suites are superb and well worth the reasonable accommodation rate!! It’s one of the most modern places to stay in Boquete with unbeatable views, personalized service, a delicious breakfast and the freshly ground coffee is a real treat. Don’t worry about the 8 minute drive from town to the estate. It makes for a truly peaceful setting among the clouds and you get a personal cell phone to call Randy whenever you need to arrange a ride. In short, Manana Madera is truly a special place. It doesn’t get much better than this.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Simply perfect experience- clean modern and full of light accommodations, delightful breakfast, thoughtful, caring, pleasant host Randy, best coffee you will ever drink, suite just minutes away from down town Boquete, and peaceful and gorgeous premises. And to top it off - personal mobile phone to get in touch with Randy at any time, just in case you are lost or need help finding a place or a person in town.

Tips:
1. if you are a nature loving person make sure to book the suite for at least a week so you can get to all the places to see around: hike, bird watch, fish, surf on pacific side (less then an hour drive from Suites), snorkel on the Atlantic side(few hours drive to Bocas Del Toro), horse back ride, visit hot springs, white water raft, rock climb with which John from Boquete Custom Tours will be able to help you the best.
2. make sure to travel with some extra space in your luggage because once you try Randy's coffee blend you will never go back to that starbucks. And you can buy it for the special price while you're staying as a guest.
3. if you have not been to Chiriqui province where Boquete is situated make sure to bring some warm long sleave shirts and closed toe shoes... it gets chilly in evenings.
4. make sure to get an SUV or a truck if you will be renting a car...area around Boquete is very hilly and you will need extra juice in your car to make it arround

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2014

Like others, I saw that this place had ALL five-star reviews which I've never seen before on TripAdvisor. After seeing this, reading the reviews and looking at the web site, I was set on staying here with Randy. He was booked about 4 months in advance, so I pushed our vacation back a month to when he had availability. We were doing several nights in Bocas del Toro and one in Panama City, so I only had two nights here at Manana Madera.

The second I walked in the guest suite, my jaw dropped open and I immediately thought to myself that I had made a mistake in only booking two nights here. The place is absolutely stunning. The drive up the narrow mountain roads of Boquete and up the steep hill to Manana Madera (passing by all sorts of fruit & vegetable fields) is something out of a movie. I already knew the place was going to be good at that point. But when you get in the room and see the views through the giant windows, it truly takes your breath away. The rooms are also luxuriously appointed and very spacious with the separate living room and large shower/bathroom. I agree with most people that the Ranchito is the best part of the Estate. I could've spent weeks just unwinding with a book, swaying in a hammock in the clouds on the Ranchito with Volcan Baru directly to my right. You feel like you're on top of the world, and can see far out over the mountains from the Ranchito. At sunrise & sunset you can even see the Pacific Ocean. The whole property is gorgeous, very lush with avocado, orange trees and of course coffee plants everywhere.

The beauty of the place is worth the stay alone, but Randy is what makes this place unforgettable. He is honestly one of the kindest human beings I've ever met. You can tell he takes pride in his place and in providing first-rate service to all his guests. Randy communicated with me at length before our stay via email and answered all of my questions. He took care of all of our activities during our stay, booking us tours with English-speaking locals who gave us much better experiences than we would've had with the larger tour companies. (If you stay here, definitely do a tour with John Tornblom. Randy had John pick us up from the David airport and we spent our whole first day with John, going on a guided jungle hike to see the beautiful Quetzals. John is also wonderful, speaks perfect English and catered to exactly what we wanted to do all day) Randy's dog Chubbs was a joy to have around, and Kat was also lovely and is available for in-room massages!

I'm not the first one to say this, but I reiterate other's thoughts that staying at Manana Madera really feels like staying with an old friend as opposed to staying at a hotel. Randy also gave us rides to and from town when we wanted to go out for dinner or were done with a tour, instead of having us take a taxi. My girlfriend and I kept saying to each other how this place was like a 5 star resort - we had a giant, gorgeous room with views to the stars at night, delicious full breakfasts each morning, freshly ground amazing coffee each day, massages in our LIVING ROOM, and full attentive service by our host. To call it a bargain at the nightly rates Randy charges is the understatement of the century. Listen to the 130+ glowing reviews and stay here if you go to Boquete. It was the highlight of our fantastic trip to Panama, and both the place and the people are things I'll never forget. I certainly hope to be back for a longer stay to visit Randy, Chubbs, Kat and John

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Billy T
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Just spent 2 nights & everything was fabulous! Randy & Kat took care of everything!!! Picked us up, taxied us to dinner. Had made reservations for us at the best restaurants. Found me a beautiful pool to swim in, set up bird guide to see the Quetzel's. Very quiet relaxing accomodations, excellent coffee (his own) & breakfasts. We became instant friends & it felt like he already knew us, catering to all our likes & needs. This is the place to stay if you are going to Boquete!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Stayed for 3 nights. The suites are in super condition, the surroundings amazing and Randy, our host, made us feel welcome and comfortable - thanks for the rum btw :) The mobile phone in the suite comes with quick dial to Randy's taxi driver (7$ to Boquete), but often we could get a lift with Randy.

Worth every penny.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2014

Our family, with two children ages 15 and 11, occupied both the suites at Manana Madera for a few days in late Dec. 2103. We've traveled extensively all over Latin America, and this may be the best place we've ever stayed! Located on working coffee farm, each suite is very large, attractively designed and decorated, and boasts amazing views, all for a very reasonable price. All extras you might want are provided: quality hair products, hair dryer, DVS and CDs, etc. Randy, the owner, is friendly and welcoming without being intrusive. He shared helpful suggestions for restaurants and activities and kindly shuttled us to and from our car rental location. Breakfast is included, and Randy serves you in the living room of your suite. The coffee was supreme, and the breakfast choices are good. If pressed to come up with a suggestion for improvement, it would be nice to have better bread with breakfast (maybe from Sugar and Spice). Our son loved the resident dog, who was so well trained he never even attempted to enter the guest suites. Manana Madera was the highlight of our trip to Panama!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family