The Guest Suites at Manana Madera Coffee Estate
Finca Lerida(Boquete)
Hotel Ladera(Boquete)
Hostal Beiro(Boquete)
View Hotel
The Haven and Spa(Boquete)
View Hotel
All reviewscell phonecoffee estateowner randyevery morningtakes care of everythingin townliving roomwonderful massagewonderful hospitalityspecial placehorseback ridingamazing hostskind of placemountain retreatcentral americavolcan barubeautiful place
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Mañana Madera is located on a beautiful piece of property. Getting there involves a bit of a steep and bumpy ride, but it is certainly worth it.

Randy, whose kindness was apparent in his first e-mail response, is a warm, attentive and helpful host who, in many ways, is the very definition of hospitality.
Attention was certainly there when considering what guests might possibly need; I discovered items such as a hairdryer, an ironing board, extra towels, cloths for makeup removal - those little things that could come in handy for some. The small fridge was also good to have for any leftovers or things to store, and there were bottles of water for us which were appreciated.
Randy will provide you with a cell phone if needed, umbrellas, etc.

The suite was clean, bright, roomy, and modern. Surprisingly, the modern aspect was one that made me hesitate when booking, simply because the exterior seemed so special and I worried that the interior might feel a bit cold in contrast (though it is in fact very nicely decorated). Little touches like the plants in the bathroom made it feel warmer to me.

The breakfast area was nice and offered a lovely view. I very much enjoyed seeing Chubbs the dog on the stoop in the morning and in the evenings. He was a loving dog and his greeting, along with Randy's smile and the property, were some of the highlights for me. It was nice to have a private breakfast delivered to us. The actual breakfast selection was modest and although it was fine, it was perhaps the one aspect we both felt could have been a little bit better in terms of choice.

The bed was comfortable and the roomy shower and showerhead (which was removable) were nice. Large bottles of Aveda shampoo and conditioner were available and although they were for curly hair types and I almost didn't use them for this reason, the shampoo seemed to work fine on my straight hair. We were made to feel that the amenities were ours to use and that we could take as long a shower as we wanted. After trying to be more economical with water during my time in Boquete (prior to staying here) and having to adjust to colder showers, I have to admit I lingered a bit...

A few points to consider when booking:
-Location: Mañana Madera is somewhat secluded as some others have mentioned. If you plan to be in town a lot and to stay out later, it is not terribly inconvenient if you have a bit of extra time and money to spare but some planning could be helpful. After being used to paying at most .75 cents for a taxi ride, paying $8 to $12+ one way depending on how late it was made a difference. That said, Randy was kind in driving us into town a couple of times and always made himself available to find a driver for us when needed.
-Room Cleaning: the room was freshened up while we were out. This was nice and appreciated, however I think I might have felt more comfortable knowing about this in advance.
-Pets: there is a dog and cat on the property. The pets are not allowed in the guest suites. I personally loved having the animals around but of course this is subjective.
-Privacy: although the property in itself is quite private, I have to admit I felt a little bit exposed at night whilst in the lounging area due to the sheer curtains over the windows. I grew a bit more comfortable with this after a while but it would have been nice to have the option to make it more private. There is also a bit of an echo, perhaps due to the high ceilings and open space.
-Temperature: due to the higher altitude, it can feel cooler. A blanket is provided for cozying up on the couch, and the blanket on the bed felt warm enough.

A few minor things that could potentially enhance a future guest's stay:
-A larger selection of movies. There is no cable, therefore if you enjoy this type of entertainment, the DVDs are great to have but it is a small collection. I think having a larger movie library for guests would be nice.
-An alarm clock. I didn't seem to see one and fortunately we had a phone alarm to use for early morning tours, but perhaps a small understated alarm clock could be helpful for some.
-Another mirror outside of the bathroom. If one person is using the bathroom and the other is getting ready in the bedroom, an extra mirror is always helpful.

Unfortunately, I feel that once we started to settle in (after a more relaxing evening and quieter morning), it was already time to leave. I am happy we chose Mañana Madera and only wish we had more time to enjoy the property, including the Ranchito. We missed the place after we left.

If I could offer a suggestion, it would be to make time to simply enjoy the property, the hammocks, the hummingbirds, etc. There is a lot to do in Boquete and in surrounding areas, but if you can afford to spend a morning or afternoon at the estate, try to do so. I wish we could have. Also be sure to check out the photo album containing pictures of the construction of the suites.

Overall great service and value. Thank you Randy for making our stay a pleasant one.

*On another note, if you are interested in visiting a nearby city, I would recommend a day tour of Cerro Punta. This can be done with a man named Oscar from Mucho Gusto Panama (who is also a driver for Randy's property).

Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank LiMitravelbugs
Reviewed August 28, 2012

As you've probably already seen, Manana Madera's tripadvisor reviews are intimidatingly good, good to the point that my girlfriend and I initially had some trouble trusting their reliability. That being said, any and all of our scepticism was alleviated the second we entered Randy's immaculate guest suite. Both suites, the second of which was opened a just a few months ago, look out over the coffee plantation, and well-manicured footpaths lead down to a small clearing complete with hammocks, lush vegetation, and majestic views. The high-end coffee, all of which is grown and roasted in-house, is available to guests at all times.

The suites are tastefully decorated and extremely clean. Furthermore, Randy delivers home-cooked breakfast to your door each morning, and tidies your room while you're out. He went above and beyond for us in every way possible, providing us with a cell phone, driving us to and from various locations (restaurants, hikes, etc.), and even throwing our damp clothing in the dryer after our rafting trip. I could go on and on, but to put it succinctly, both the host and the accommodations were perfect in every way possible.

I won't go into too much detail on Boquete since there is tons of information available online, but it is a great place to visit, and I would definitely recommend throwing it into the mix if you're looking to explore Panama a bit. We arrived at Manana Madera after spending three days and nights in San Blas, and found it to be a great way to recover from the scorching heat of the beach. As far as activities are concerned, there are tons of available options - hiking, mountain biking, white water rafting, ATVing, etc. That being said, if you're not into doing outdoorsey things, Boquete also offers good restaurants (e.g. The Rock, Panamonte), spas, and other relaxing activities.

To sum it up, go to Boquete and stay at Manana Madera - you will undoubtedly remember it as a highlight of your visit to Panama.

Room Tip: There are two identical guest suites. You can't go wrong with either.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2012

The location is beautiful and the accommodations great but what makes of Mañana Madera so special is Randy, the owner. His advice before we arrived and his help and willingness to answer our many questions while we were in Boquete were invaluable. We never went anywhere without the map and cell phone he provided for us to use during the week we stayed there. Because we arrived from Phoenix, we didn’t have any warm clothing so Randy generously provided us with fleece jackets for the cool evenings. We spent mornings exploring and in the afternoons we returned to the guest suite to relax and watch the rain storms roll in over the coffee estate.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I wish I could have stayed longer. My stay with my wife exceeded my expectations in every way. To start, it is a coffee plantation, and the smell of the freshly roasted and ground coffee beans grown there inspired me to drink the coffee (delicious) and I don't like coffee. The suite was spotless and full of windows, in order to display the beauty of the surrounding mountains and volcano. Excluding that though, Randy's hospitality alone would warrant a visit.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 1, 2012

Incredible place, anyone looking for a very relaxing and beautiful place in Boquete cannot do better than staying in the guest suites. The guest suites are very comfortable and tastefully decorated, attention to detail is apparent everywhere you look, and the views are beautiful. Randy is an excellent host and will give you great suggestions on things to do in Boquete. Highly recommended..!

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple