“Simply great.”

The Guest Suites at Manana Madera Coffee Estate
Reviewed September 18, 2011

We stayed for three nights - and it has been an incredible experience. Randy was a wonderful host, he made us feel like home and we'll definitely come back. Since there are already some great and detailed reviews let me give you a quick summary: breathtaking view(s), the perfect spot to relax, a patio you'll never want to leave again, nicest host ever, even better than a luxury boutique hotel, very nice and spacious guest suite with delicious breakfast served (by Randy :) in your living room, DVD player, king size bed (very comfortable)... it's one of those places you'll never forget...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 17, 2011

Manana Madera is the absolute best place to stay in Boquete. The Guest Suite is so incredibly comfortable and relaxing, and Randy (Jamie was not there during our visit) was the perfect host. The suite provided the perfect combination of privacy and convenience, and the view from the Ranchito cannot be beat! The coffee is also delicious -- our friends in Philly are already asking how they can order it! We will absolutely return!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Randy & Jamie have created THE most beautiful & relaxing experience at their coffee farm Manana Madera. The guest suite is located on one of the most beautiful properties in all of Boquete with breathtaking views of Volvcan Baru. This is truly one of the most spectacular places we have expereinced in all of our travels to date. The guesthouse is beautifully decorated, very comfortable and relaxing. A short ways from the guesthouse is the Ranchito, a peaceful place where you can sit or relax in the hammock and watch the sunrise, sunset and the clouds drift in.

Just a beautiful experience, and more than we ever expected. Even on a rainy day, this place is beautiful. We rented a car in Boquete but the taxis are very helpful and easy to use and to get around. Randy has arranged with Daniel the taxi driver to take care of his guests.

Every morning we were greeted with Randy's cheerful smile and conversation along with a delicious homemade breakfast - fresh fruit, scrambled eggs, French toast, OJ, homemade sausage and the best tasting coffee ever. All served at whatever time in the morning you desire.

Randy's hospitality is outstanding. He goes above & beyond in welcoming you and doing everything to make your visit the most enjoyable visit possible. He is a wealth of information about Boquete, he offers suggestions to make your visit memorable, takes you into town if you need a lift and picks you up when you get caught in the rain. He provides you with a much needed cell phone to have during your stay. Just in case you need to call him or make calls - and you will. Randy also gave us a personalized tour of their coffee farm. We would often just stroll the grounds in the mornings with their friendly dog....Chubbs.

The hospitality, the beauty of the landscape, the sounds of the birds, the clean, fresh air - this is one of our best travel experiences and we did not want to leave. We definitely will return to Manana Madera...over and over and over......hands down.

3  Thank Pat Susan F
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Well what can I say....this is one of the most amazing places I have been, the hotel is located at the top of the mountain with the most outstanding views! The owner Randy is one of the nicest guys and made us feel so welcome....great coffee, great place, great guy! This hotel is a must, I loved it and would go back tomorrow!!

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Staying by Randy's Guest House at Mañana Madera was an unforgettable experience. Since the minute you arrive, you never want to leave. You feel like the special guest in this beautiful piece of land with the very best views. Every detail in the guest house is carefully and delicately thought to make you feel not only at home, but at the home you always dreamt of.
A delightful guest project by Randy and his wife that can't be compared to any other. Congratulations to both of them!

Reviewed August 13, 2011

We visited Randy Pigott at his beautiful coffee estate on August 4. We didn't
actually stay at his guest residence but visited on the strength of a rave review
from a guest we met on a field trip. The accommodation is indeed impressive,
with breathtaking views of the valley and highlands (the estate is at 5,000 feet).
I have no doubt the hospitality is superb, based on our experience with Randy at
his home. He picked us up and dropped us at our hotel in Boquete and gave an
impressive and informative tour of his boutique coffee plantation. We are wine
enthusiasts and now appreciate there's also an inner world of coffee to be explored. This was great fun!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joel f
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Look no further. This place is the home you always wished you had. I'm serious. You will not want to leave.

I spent one of the most relaxing weeks of my life there, mainly on the basis of the reviews here. The guest house is separate from the main house by a short sidewalk, so you're close enough for anything you need, but have the privacy you sometimes lack in a bed and breakfast. Watch movies all night long and your hosts won't be disturbed!

Randy and his wife normally take care of the guests together, but his wife happened to be out of town while I was there. I can't begin to imagine how anything could have been improved with two of them there to pamper me, because I received top notch care, consideration, and just down-right friendliness. Breakfast was served at the little dining table in my living room every morning, piping hot and delicious. (I highly recommend the sausage, which they have ground to their own recipe. Yum! I'd love some right now, since I live in a non-pork country. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!) They have devised a marvelous little system where you fill out a whiteboard with your breakfast request, including the time you want it served, and then leave the whiteboard outside your door.. And voila! Just like magic, heere comes Randy with a ready smile and with some of the best breakfast fare you can imagine. I would usually be up answering work emails when he knowcked, and he'd sail in with delicious smelling food, completely derailing me from all thoughts of work issues.

Then it was hammock time as I read, dozed, and viewed some of the best scenery ever. The dog was a great companion for impromptu hikes and Randy was a wealth of knowledge about the local area. I was actually looking at real estate for possible retirement, and he personally introduced me to some local sellers, gave me lots of advise on neighborhoods and areas, and generally made me feel like a long-lost friend come to visit. If he gives you any practical advice about the area, suggests a restaurant, or recommends a hotel on your way back -- take the advice. It's spot on.

Great bed, absolute quiet at night, all the hot water you could need for a good quality shower, freedom to use the house laundry, personal tours, friendship, great canine companionship, peace, beauty, free movies, books on the shelves for when you finished your own, free internet -- where else does this happen? In my experience, no where else on the planet. If you know of somewhere else with this level of quality, please write to me. Because I will book my next vacation there.

Another plus is that this estate actually produces coffee. I was able to leave addresses of my friends to have coffee sent to them. No mess, no fuss. Randy took care of it all. By the time I got home, I was already receiving rave reviews and thanks for this unique and strong coffee (number one in its class). I'm not a coffee drinker myself (weird, yeah, I know), so I'll have to pass on my daughter's comment: "Compared to American supermarket coffee, you need to approach with caution because it's so rich, so good, and will get you soooooo jazzed."

The only downside, and it's not really a downside once you've done it, is that when you first arrive, the driveway is a bit intimidating as it seems to go straight up. But yes, your underpowered rental car can indeed make it, and it's part of the charm. Plus you feel like jumping out of the car with a big arm pump celebrating your prowess at the wheel. (It's not really that bad, but it does give you a pause the first time around.) The second time -- no sweat! This is not a Mainstreet USA driveway, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. If I wanted Mainstreet, why would I travel?

As an aside, this is the second review I've written because the first one didn't get posted some reason. I don't know why it didn't get posted, but let's hope this one goes through.

Room Tip: One room -- so you are king!