“Best possible place”
Review of Cabanas El Parador

Cabanas El Parador
Ranked #18 of 52 Specialty Lodging in Boquete
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in Panama many times. The best place by far is the cabanas el parador. The owners are amazing people and very down to earth. Senior Victor helps with everything you might need and the staff are very friendly happy people. The cabanas are clean and have hot water for those who have become accustomed to such things. I and my family highly recommend this place for your vacation.

Stayed: December 2013

Reviewed October 1, 2013

The property, grounds and location are beautiful and the restaurant there was very convenient. But the inside of our room, the ceiling was unfinished plywood that gave off a smell, the room was so chilly that I couldn't sleep and the curtains in the room were a bit dusty (not good for my allergies). I really want to like this place since the people were so friendly and it looks like nice from the outside, but I will definitely not be coming back. Not worth the price...it was more like camping and I wasn't prepared for that.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was with my wife and my son and it was a wonderful and beautiful place. If you want to leave the smoked and noisy city by the peace, the climate, the flowers, the songs of the birds and the most spectacular view of the Baru Volcano, Cabanas El Parador should be your destination place. My wife and my son everyday talk about the nice moments we spent there. My wife enjoyed a pineapple pie of the Cafeteria and she comments that never had taste a pie like that. My son and i drank strawberries´ milkshakes and there were extremely delicious. There is a personal attention and we felt we were in family. There are not words to describe El Parador you have to live the wonderful experience. I had recommended to neighbors and friends. Thanks, Griselda and Barcia God bless you.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed at beautiful Boquete in the month of December and we were at Cabanas El Parador for 2 nights. The grounds are very stunning, and the rooms are well kept. You will get a stunning view of the volcano from the bedroom apartment/room. The room had its own mini kitchen.
They have their own breakfast cafe which serves some very nice fried cheese, smoothies and teas. The coffee in Boquete is phenomenal....it is locally grown.
Some improvments: the hot water takes a while to start...its freezing cold for the first few minutes, and the pressure on the water nozzle is very weak so its very difficult to wash your hair (especially me as I have quite thick hair).
The light bulbs in the kitchen are quite low, so when it turns dark you don't get that much light.
It can be quite expensive to rent a taxi up to El Parador, something we didn't realize and had not budgeted for. Going up the mountain to El Parador costs $6.00. The buses only run twice a day, morning and evening, so its a bit inconvenient trying to go back and forth if you wish to travel by bus.
They require that you do a two night minimum which we were not aware of. Perhaps if emails or the website can outline this, it can help clarify any miscommunications.
You do get free wifi; if you need to use the phone to make local calls, you will not be able to use the phones in El Parador as they are not for customers. However, there are public phones in Boquete town, or bring a local sim card for your own phone.

Overall, a nice place to get away from the hustle and bustle of life for a few days with absolutely stunning grounds and views.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Prabhjot D
Reviewed November 4, 2012

The rooms were spacious and clean. The views were simply breathtaking. The hospitality was stellar!--the owners were so welcoming and kind; they even made phone calls for us to organize our tours/activities. Only a short cab ride ($4) from "downtown", but it was well worth it for the views! Bottom line: there is no better place to stay in Boquete.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Village of Boquete is lovely but to get a real feel for the mountains of Panama I took the road up the mountain from Boquete Village to Jaramillo Arriba. At the top of the road I found the most amazing place to stay...Cabanas El Parador! Owned by Jose and Griselda, happy transplants from Panama City...this beautiful spot is simply put, heaven. The views from the immaculate restaurant and cabins are jaw dropping. The property is a riot of flowers and gardens, fruit trees and mountain ambience. The cabins are charming and rustic in the very best of ways and each one has a kitchen and outside sitting area that provide the traveler an opportunity to breathe in the pure mountain air and catch magnificent sunsets and the frequent rainbows. The restaurant features home baked goods and delicious fruit smoothies along with other local and regional and of course world famous Boquete coffee! I’ve traveled extensively throughout Panama but my stay at Cabanas El Parador is the one memory that keeps me coming back to this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Not only are the views from El Parador spectacular, the ambience is so peaceful and quiet. We awoke every morning to the sight of Baru in the distance and the sound of the morning birds. We made coffee and breakfast in our rooms and eased into the day in peace. Boquete is about a 40 minute walk down a winding paved two-lane road. More beautiful vistas. Coming back is mostly an uphill climb.Great if you're young and in shape. We always took a taxi, for $5 to $7 per trip. I would highly recommend El Parador. The owners were wonderful and keep beautiful grounds. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Barciaj, Propietario at Cabanas El Parador, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Thanks for your gread and amability comentary about ours cabins.
We were soo happy to serve you.

El Parador Cabins