“Absolutely Heavenly!!!!”
Review of Cabanas El Parador

Cabanas El Parador
Ranked #17 of 50 Specialty Lodging in Boquete
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The Village of Boquete is lovely but to get a real feel for the mountains of Panama I took the road up the mountain from Boquete Village to Jaramillo Arriba. At the top of the road I found the most amazing place to stay...Cabanas El Parador! Owned by Jose and Griselda, happy transplants from Panama City...this beautiful spot is simply put, heaven. The views from the immaculate restaurant and cabins are jaw dropping. The property is a riot of flowers and gardens, fruit trees and mountain ambience. The cabins are charming and rustic in the very best of ways and each one has a kitchen and outside sitting area that provide the traveler an opportunity to breathe in the pure mountain air and catch magnificent sunsets and the frequent rainbows. The restaurant features home baked goods and delicious fruit smoothies along with other local and regional and of course world famous Boquete coffee! I’ve traveled extensively throughout Panama but my stay at Cabanas El Parador is the one memory that keeps me coming back to this area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed September 6, 2012

Not only are the views from El Parador spectacular, the ambience is so peaceful and quiet. We awoke every morning to the sight of Baru in the distance and the sound of the morning birds. We made coffee and breakfast in our rooms and eased into the day in peace. Boquete is about a 40 minute walk down a winding paved two-lane road. More beautiful vistas. Coming back is mostly an uphill climb.Great if you're young and in shape. We always took a taxi, for $5 to $7 per trip. I would highly recommend El Parador. The owners were wonderful and keep beautiful grounds. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Barciaj, Propietario at Cabanas El Parador, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Thanks for your gread and amability comentary about ours cabins.
We were soo happy to serve you.

El Parador Cabins

Reviewed June 27, 2012

Last year while visiting Boquete, I met Griselda and Jose Barcia, owners of El Parador, and knew I had to return with my grandchildren. Today, the dream has come true and my expectations have been exceeded. The casita, the beautiful grounds, the food in the cafe, the service are all exceptional. I look forward to returning each year I return to Boquete.
<kaye patterson
houston, texas

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank HoustonKpatterson
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I can't imagine a better place to stay in Boquete! My wife and I stayed there on our honeymoon in early March. We arrived supper late and Jose and his wife stayed up to see us to our room, and feed us some yummy sandwiches. We reserved and were expecting to stay in a small room, but since there was no one else staying in the big cabin they surprised us with a free upgrade! We arrived to rose pedals on over the bed, very romantic! The owners treated us like we were family the whole time, arranged most of the cab rides, the bus picks up right in front of place twice a day also for a cheap ride into town,about 5 mins. A perfect view of the city and surrounding mountains. All this for what I considered to be a pretty cheap price. Very peaceful beautiful gardens all around the property. A awesome little coffee shop that has great smoothie's, and fresh local coffee. All in all one of the best places to stay in Panama!

Room Tip: stay in the cabins if available, would be perfect for a whole family
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeremy O
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Cabanas El Parador was high up thus it had awesome views. There were rainbows each morning. Unbelievable! The cabin we stayed in was clean. It is a bit rustic but that is what it is supposed to be. The owners were extremely nice and were very accommodating. As soon as we asked it was addressed. They have a cafe where you can get breakfast or lunch. The views from the cafe balcony were unmatched. The attention they give to the gardens is obvious in the beautiful results. A nice quiet, peaceful, beautiful place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank wcfoster
Reviewed March 22, 2012

El Parador is an awesome place!! Great location in Alto Jaramillo with spectacular views of Baru and the Valley that are indescribable and priceless. It is a little ways off from central Boquete, but Griselda is more than welcoming and willing to set up the various tours. Her cafeteria is very affordable and everything is homemade and delicious!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alexandra R
Reviewed December 6, 2011

There are few places on Earth I have visited with such charm, beauty, and peaceful such as cabanas el Parador. Just located in one of the best places in Panama to spend an unforgettable vacations. There are several things to do in Boquete, you can easily spend there a week or even too! Sunrise and susents are breathtaking, the owners treat you like family, coffee is amazing, and you will find that one of the most expensive coffee in the world grow in Boquete. I definitely had one of the best vacations in my whole life.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family