“Great stress reducer”

Spa Boquete Professional Massage and Spa Facials
More attraction details
Owner description: This is a small, highly personalized spa, dedicated to serving one client at a time, by appointment. Located close to the center of town, just across the street from the Oasis Hotel & Restaurant in a tranquil, beautiful setting facing the Baru volcano and the Caldera River. A graduate of the Muscular Therapy Institute (Cambridge MA) with 18 1/2 years of professional practice and continuing Board Certification by the U.S. National Certifying Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), Kitzie offers a variety of affordable luxury spa facials with products of exceptional quality from the U.S. (Shea Terra Organics) and Italy (L'Herbolario) and her own creative combinations of therapeutic and relaxation massage and bodywork, using organic Jojoba extract and techniques including the Swedish-based techniques of her school's founder, Ben Benjamin, LomiLomi Nui, basic Upledger craneo-sacral techniques, reflexology, manual lymph drainage for face and neck, and energy work, depending on her clients' preferences. See our website for a map and rates, as well as a description of techniques.
Dallas, Texas
“Great stress reducer”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

M husband and I wanted to get a full massage and veg out in Boquete for a week. Our first full day in town, we met Kitzie and each had an hour massage after a 4 hour hike.

It was a great surprise to get someone as qualified and with excellent techniques. The last full day of our week we both went back for another full hour massage and full facial.

It was a wonderful experience. Maxine & Larry R

Visited February 2014

Melbourne, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

After a few months of travelling, dancing and walking I was definitely overdue for a massage. I was so glad to get such a professional and reasonably priced service, with beautiful products and in a lovely setting. I would definitely recommend booking yourself into Spa Boquete while in town.

Visited January 2014
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

It was an absolute treat to be massaged by Kitzie. She has magical hands, a beautiful and peaceful massage space to relax and unwind in, and she also uses lovely products. At $40 for an hour, she is also amazing value. I would thoroughly recommend her.

Visited December 2013
Kingston, Tennessee, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best my neck has felt in a long time!”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

After a hike to a waterfall over a steep, muddy, slippery trail, my neck was very stiff from the stress and I was excited to find that Spa Boquete offered 30 minute neck massages for a very reasonable price. My husband and I both treated ourselves and it was wonderful!

Visited December 2013
Santa Fe, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Kept Secret in Town!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

A short two minute walk from Central Park you’ll find the professional, caring hands and loving heart of Kitzie McKiney at Spa Boquete. English, Spanish and French are fluently spoken, so you can be certain all your needs will be understood and attended to expertly. Kitzie’s consistent re-certification commitment means you'll receive the very latest in healing approaches from the bodywork modalities she studies.

I was offered a choice of three different organic oils (in contrast to the baby oil that was slathered on me at another “top ranked” spa), as well as a choice of soothing music or relaxation sounds for my session. No fuzzy robe and slippers, just a truly personal approach to therapeutic and relaxation bodywork that I found unparalleled in the area.

As a retired holistic healthcare physician, I’ve experienced hundreds of massages by practitioners trained all over the world. My massage by Kitzie at Spa Boquete ranks in the top 5 of my career. You might find a cheaper massage in town, but you won’t find a more professional, personal or proficient one. If you’ll be visiting Boquete (or are fortunate to live there), be smart and book early to avoid disappointment.

Visited August 2013