“Great coffee tour!”

Ranked #1 of 9 Food & Drink in Boquete
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Boquete Coffee Tour at Finca Dos Jefes offers the only personalized, hands-on tour and roasting experience in Boquete. Guests can walk through the fields, learn about traditional organic farming and roast coffee beans to enjoy at home.
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Excellent and informative coffee plantation tour by an enthusiastic and fun American ex-pat who is truly dedicated to his craft. Spent a wonderful afternoon visiting with Rich. The tour is limited to small groups and is very personal. The whole process is explained, as well as the context of the coffee industry and its benefits and disbenefits. The setting is lovely. I was lucky to be there when the coffee was being harvested. One person (me, that day) gets to roast the coffee, which is delicious. I highly recommend a coffee tour if you find yourself in the region, and this was is terrific!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Rich, from Finca Dos Jefes, made the coffee tour more than amazing! He picked us up, and took us to his absolutely gorgeous farm. He was so knowledgeable and explained the history of coffee, the current industry and practices, and showed us around. We had a coffee tasting of medium and dark roasts, and then I even got to roast my own dark roast beans with his cool roasting machine! It was an extra special birthday treat for me!! Finca Dos Jefes is definitely one of the best Coffee Tours in town!

1  Thank amylynn22
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I now realise I knew nothing about coffee apart from the fact I drank it! Rich has so much knowledge and gave us such an interesting and informative tour. We learnt the history, ethics and process of coffee making as we walked around the farm to see for ourselves before we got to see the roasting process and try the coffee for ourselves.

I'd recommend this tour for anyone who is visiting Boquete, thank you Rich!

1  Thank Katy M
Reviewed February 23, 2014

I really can't add more than the other reviewers have said -- the place is exquisitely beautiful, Richard couldn't be nicer or more informative, and the coffee is without a doubt the best I've ever tasted. I've already finished what I brought home with me and have ordered more. It was especially heartwarming to see the opportunities provided by the finca through its dos jefes to the local indigenous people. I want to bring everyone I know to experience Boquete as a whole and, certainly, Finca Dos Jefes as a wonderful part of that.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Rich was an amazing tour guide. Very knowledgable about the history of coffee the land and the people. For $30 we were picked up from our hotel and taking up to his farm for the tour. Nice relaxed atmosphere and was put at ease with Rich's laid back attitude. We walked the land and explained in detail what process' they used. Encouraged to ask questions and participate. We went back to house for a tasting and a brief lesson on cupping. Then we got to roast a batch of coffee and were given a generous 1/2lb of the still warm beans which is included in the price. His generosity with us and the people he employs is a inspiration. He gives back a lot to the Panamanians and this tour is a must if you are staying in Boquete.

1  Thank Sender777