“Amazing experience! Don't miss it!”

Boquete Coffee Tour
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Boquete
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Boquete Coffee Tour at Finca Dos Jefes offers the only personalized, hands-on tour and roasting experience in Boquete. Guests can walk through the fields, learn about traditional organic farming and roast coffee beans to enjoy at home.
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Amazing experience! Don't miss it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

This coffee tour was a real highlight of our trip to Panama. Rich is extremely knowledgeable and interesting. This is an "experience" not just a tour. I am a professor and was traveling with a group of college students. Rich was great with the students and they learned A LOT! He runs a socially responsible business. The icing on the cake is that the coffee itself is AMAZING! Bring back more than you think you want. I just ran out and am disappointed I didn't bring buy more. I will definitely do this again on my next trip.

Visited May 2013

• Vietnamese first
Saskatoon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you love coffee, you will love this tour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

The proprietor couldn't afford to buy a vineyard in the Napa Valley, so he bought a small coffee plantation on a hillside above Boquete. Great coffee and visiting with Rich and helping him roast some beans (I would call it a visit, not a tour) was an excellent way to spend a damp and windy afternoon. Highly recommended.

Visited August 2013
Panama City, Panama, Panama
“Just spreading the good news!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I visited Fincas Dos Jefes yesterday, and it was EASILY the highlight of our trip to Boquete. I was referred to Dos Jefes by a co-worker and made it top priority to book the tour. It was an awesome bridge of the social, economical, and agricultural happenings of Boquete, Panama in addition to an awesome coffee education and tour of the farm. Sounds geeky, but it's anything but! AND you don't leave empty handed, Rich walks you through roasting your own batch of coffee and each participant walks away with a bag! My only suggestion is to book the tour with nothing else on your agenda. If you are wanting to rush through the tour to make another tour, you will not enjoy the view and the amount of information being offered.

Visited August 2013
Washington, DC
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Exceptional coffee, exceptional tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Amazing tour! Rich was friendly and knowledgeable; in just a few short hours I learned a world about coffee, the industry, and the production process. In addition to a tour of the fields to see the beans growing, the tour includes a tasting of light, medium, and dark roasts to determine a favorite, before the opportunity to experience the roasting process hands-on. There was ample time for questions and stories, and at the end, everyone on the tour was given a half-pound bag of coffee to take home with them of their favorite roast.

Transportation was arranged/provided, tour size is kept small for an intimate experience, and a celebratory [of a successful roast, of course!] beer following the tour sealed the deal. Definitely a must-do in Boquete!

Visited July 2013
Boquete, Panama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Love this coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have not gone on the tour myself, but have heard from many people that they absolutely loved this tour. I have been to the coffee farm and it is lovely and I buy their coffee to serve in my home. And I am very picky. I order the dark roast espresso which they roast special for me. The name is Dos Jefes (two bosses) coffee and you will want to take some back home with you.
The owners are very nice people.

Visited March 2013