“Worth Coming Back”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: phone number 507 720 2728
Reviewed December 6, 2012

My wife and I were looking for "Friday night pizza" and drove past Il Pianista. The white sign with a three-armed-man wasn't lit and it appeared to be closed so we moved on. The next day we were driving past and went in to see if they were in business and found it open with a scenic setting. Although the parking was limited, the menu looked excellent, so we returned that evening for dinner.

Doris; the hostess-owner-waitress, was a delight. Giovanni; owner-chef, knows his craft. The selection of dishes was excellent and the presentation and quality were top notch. There was a good selection of wines at reasonable prices and the entire meal was under $75.

We started with a bottle of Italian red wine and the clams in garlic & wine appetizer. A very generous garden salad was followed by our entrees, trout in tomatoes & mushrooms and beef tenderloins in a green (capers) cheese sauce. All was excellent.

Although we didn't get back to try the pizza, the wood fired stone pizza oven offered promise of great pizzas too.

Worth looking into and we'd recommend finding the restaurant during the daytime to make finding at night much easier. Enjoy!

1  Thank rtfritz

Reviewed December 5, 2012

If you want some good Italian while in Panama, go here. And if you sit at the right table, you'll get this awesome view of the river just outside.

1  Thank Justin997
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My wife and I have enjoyed Il Pianista, We look forward to enjoying their great food again - SOON! A big part of my memory was the ambiance. We sat outdoors next to a flowing river and the environment helped to make the evening! The staff was warm friendly and engaging.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

The best food and exceptional atmosphere. Excellent seafood but also the best Sicilian Pizza outside of Sicily!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I've driven by many times not knowing what I was missing. I friend suggested we go and what a great choice. I had a seafood pasta with a red sauce that reminded me of my favorite restaurant in Scottsdale, AZ. The caprese salad was delicious and my friends pomodoro pasta dinner superb. They close for the month of October but I'll be back the first of November... Great setting and close to town...