“The Haven, Detox, De-Stress, Deluxe”

Massage and Day Spa at The Haven
More attraction details
Owner description: Certificate of Excellence 2013 The Haven Day Spa is renowned for consistent quality and service, with a reputation for providing excellent treatments. A spa in the true sense of the word - providing one-off treatments, day spa passes, a health clinic (with international practitioners) & fitness center with a fully equipped gym, indoor exercise pool, infrared saunas, steam, Jacuzzi & relaxation areas. Yoga classes & more. All our facilities are available to all visitors at very reasonable prices. Apologies NO children under 18.
Baltimore, Maryland
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The Haven, Detox, De-Stress, Deluxe”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

The Haven, Land of the Smoothies – Detox and De-stress
The idea of no food except smoothies for three days was not only an appealing way to detox but it kick-started a healthier way of eating that could provide lifelong benefits. The deluxe plan for locals at the Haven offers four different smoothies of fresh fruits and vegetables each day which are filling as well as super-nutritious so there was never a feeling of deprivation or desperation. There was not even the dreaded no-caffeine headache to contend with and no other side effects except for feeling slightly cold and a little lightheaded at times. The helpful Haven staff listened closely to those complaints and reinforced the idea of relaxing and letting the body do its work of dumping the built up toxins. Frankly, three days of no pressure, no workouts and no need to cook dinner was a welcome relief especially before heading back to the States for a stressful visit at tax time.
To help the detox process, the Haven provided massages, use of the infrared sauna and the daily acupuncture sessions to identify areas which might need further attention. The results were much more than expected from the three days, the loss of a few pounds was secondary to the insight that came from gradually adding certain foods back in to the diet and learning what could easily be left out.
Matter of fact, it felt so good it might become a regular, quarterly habit that is good for both the brain and the body.

“The Haven Spa”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

The name "Haven Spa" truly describes the wonderful meditative setting in which the spa is located. The staff are very professional and friendly. The facilities are are very well maintained
and clean. Relaxation at it's best. The Spa will always be my place of refuge while in Boquete.

Boquete, Panama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Six stars!”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

If it was possible to give six stars…that is how I would rate The Haven Spa!

From entering its luxurious landscaped grounds to its professional health and wellness services—The Haven provides unmatched quality and care as it attended to my individual needs.

Recently I was diagnosed with a chronic, progressive and untreatable (by traditional medicine) condition so I met with Howard and Sonia Jones (Haven owners) to find out what alternative medicine services they recommend. Thoughtfully they walked through my health and personal history, and arrived at a therapeutic diet plan which would help restore and rebuild my body. They have a wealth of knowledge (and experience), and presented it to me in a way that was easy to understand. Although, diet (and exercise) will not cure the problem these changes already have helped restore my energy—as my body is better able to deal with the disease. Thank you!

There was another time about two years ago I sought out Howard and Sonia for help with my weight. Being 60 lbs heavier than I wanted to be, I started reading Sonia’s book, 12 Essentials. It was full of great information about the importance of water to why diets don’t work. To kick of this effort, I met with Sonia who without judging heard about all my bad habits and set out a workable plan to get me on a healthy (weight-loss) track. At the same time I started to use The Haven gym. Within one year I had lost 55 lbs! Aches and pains which kept me awake were gone, and on my 25th wedding anniversary I was able to fit into my wedding dress. But more than looking great, I felt wonderful. Although I did the hard work, I’m grateful for the support received throughout the process from Sonia, Howard, and all The Haven staff.

boquete
“Three day Detox at The Haven”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I loved the experience and will do it again! The package included 12 smoothies, 3 massages, 3 infrared saunas and 3 acupuncture treatments over a three day period. The schedule of smoothies (fresh fruit and veggies) and treatments was adhered to precisely and everything flowed perfectly. The ambience of the spa and gardens is relaxing and tranquil - a healing experience in itself! The expertise of the practitioners was appreciated - I am still deriving benefits from the acupuncture one month later. The massages I had were of the ideal type for encouraging a positive detox experience and I found Fatima's style to be just what my body needed. I felt that the treatment we received was very customized for our individual needs and wants. The smoothies were absolutely delicious, large and filling. Everyday we had 4 different colors and combinations of ingredients in our smoothies, each with different benefits and a pleasurable variety of flavor. Sonia and Howard Jones are both very knowledgable and generous in giving information that is relevant to your individual health status. From nutrition, to lifestyle, exercise and even possible allergens in your home - they covered it all! In between doing the treatments we had the perfect amount of time to enjoy the physical space of the spa. The library had a great variety of books to browse through - something for everyone I am sure! The garden is lovely with many areas to sit, birds and butterflies fluttering about and a stream running through it. Last but not least, the aroma in the spa sets the stage for relaxation and tranquility. It "completes" the experience as every sense is taken into consideration when you are at The Haven.

Boquete
4 attraction reviews
“The Haven is wonderful!!!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

If you are in Boquete, the Haven Spa is great. I have used most of their services and have NEVER been disappointed. The quality of the massages and facials are exceptional. The personnel are excellent and they are so friendly. I have been to spas in the US, but the Haven is special. I am comfortable there and the entire facility is restful and quiet. The prices are very competitive and I believe you get more than what you pay for.