“Good choice for lunch, especially the specials!”
Review of Bistro Boquete - CLOSED

Bistro Boquete
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 8, 2014

My first meal in Boquete during a week's stay was at the bistro on a corner on the main drag of Boquete. The restaurant has two levels and a few tables on a balcony upstairs. The service was friendly and they had a decent and inexpensive list of specials. I chose the sea bass (corvina) and it was excellent, coming with a small salad and rice. It was not crowded this particular day at lunch, which attracted a mix of ex-pat residents and tourists, and a handful of Panamanians. Good choice for Boquete!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ok, so in theory, I love their menu. It has a decent selection of items and decently priced sandwiches. Today, my wife and I went back to Bistro and I couldn't be more p*ssed off about the experience.

We both ordered the pastrami sandwich - which was supposed to have carmelized onions, jalapeno cheese, and pastrami. No onions, 1 slice of pastrami (no exaggeration), and ROTTEN mozzarella cheese. Pretty unforgivable in my book... I literally brought this to the attention of 2 employees, and when they asked what was wrong with the cheese, I held the plate up and didn't even need to waft the sour, rotten smell for them to realize. After asking for the bill and explaining the situation, they STILL CHARGED for the sandwiches, which we had only had a couple bites out of before we started questioning what the sour, rotten taste was... nope, it wasn't saurkraut, which was our first thought.

UNFORGIVABLE. There is no way in hell the cook didn't realize he was putting rotten cheese on these skimpy, cheaply made sandwiches. You've lost our business by providing such an insulting lunch.

2 stars only because the waitress was actually prompt and polite.

1  Thank lobo777
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Looking for a fast lunch in town center, this place is excellent for soups a burger which is supposed to be mini, but beware it is a large burger

Reviewed February 22, 2014

We enjoyed a light dinner here one evening. They make good soup. I would go back when I am a bit more hungry. Every thing I saw on other peoples tables looked good.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

Located on Main St. This two storey restaurant sits 3 tables outside on the second one floors for 2 or 3 persons only as it is narrow. Yes it is noisy and our table was definitely dusty however our waitress resolved that. Varied menu but we had burgers, wings and fries(nope not homemade). Meal was ok but forgetable There was only one other table occupied when we arrived for lunch, and our meal took 50 minutes to arrive. If you are in a hurry this is not the place luckily we were not.