“Great food and reasonably priced”
Review of Bistro Boquete - CLOSED

Bistro Boquete
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Boquete, Panama
“Great food and reasonably priced”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The food and service at the Bistro Boquete is a great diversion from the typical fare of this quaint mountain village.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Will W

• Czech first
Vancouver
“Really fresh, high quality burger meat”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Having not researched places to eat in Boquete, we stopped in at Bistro for lunch. My husband had an omelette (breakfast menu still open at lunchtime), and I had the Boquete burger. I don't usually go for burgers, but the menu wasn't very big and I was hungry. The menu consisted of typical breakfast items (scrambles, omelettes), sandwiches, and burgers.

The meat in my burger smelled SO fresh - probably the freshest and healthiest meat I have had in a long time. (And from driving around the area, it's no surprise: the cattle all look unbelievably healthy and well taken care of). It was a delicious burger. While not an incredibly adventurous burger in terms of ingredients, it certainly was the freshest and best quality meat, and gave me what I craved: meaty sustenance! I am told the omelette was very good.

The portions are HUGE. Service efficient and good. We would have eaten here again had we stayed longer. Not the cheapest place, but what is to be expected for touristy places in Panama. About $20-$25 for two, including drinks.

1 Thank bunnyriot
Kitchener
“Great Comfort Food, full breakfast and excellent hamburgers”
Reviewed December 17, 2012

The Bistro continues to offer a wonderful selection of comfort food. A full breakfast menu consists of waffles, pancakes, omelets with all the fix-ens and eggs benedict. The choices for decked out hamburgers makes it hard to decide which one to choose. The daily specials are always reasonably priced and the service is fast. Definitely recommend the Bistro when you are hungry and want some great food in Boquete.

Grand Lake
“Very good burger and fries”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

First time at the Bistro and we both had a Bistro Burger. Was delivered, as ordered, medium rare and very juicy. The fries were superb and looked and tasted hand-cut. There is a second floor balcony overlooking the main street and we enjoyed having a birds-eye view while eating. Restaurant was a bar and grill atmosphere, nothing fancy, but looked clean and I have heard they have a great happy hour.

All in all a good meal. One bit of constructive advice - If you could get the wait staff to SMILE, that would make folks feel a little more welcome.

Kitchener, Canada
“OMG - BEST BURGER EVER - YEAH I USED CAPS”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Went here based on our innkeepers recommendations, so glad we did. I ordered the Boston Burger, my wife got Tandoori chicken panini. WOW. Burger came with fries and slaw and they were just as awesome as the burger. I can't say enough about this burger. I blogged about it, I'll tweet about it, facebooked it, just plained LOVED it.

• Visited November 2012