“Perfect hostel”

Hostel Mamallena
Ljubljana, Slovenia
“Perfect hostel”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Hostel Mamallena should be benchmark for all hostels. They have everything you need for perfect stay - nice rooms (for this price range), very well equipped kitchen with free pancakes from 6 - 10am, nice living room and terrace, washing machine and full fridge of cool drinks at the reception desk. You can get there a lot of tourist info - they are organizing Volcano Baru and Bocas del toro shuttle, some tours around Boquete, and have a lot of useful trip advices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed here for two nights with 3 friends...location is great right off the main square. We had some issues with our booking an ended up getting a private room for the dorm rate, with a private bathroom. Big room for a hostel and was clean and met our needs. The staff was really helpful with your bookings, especially the long haired blonde guy at the front-Tom. Ask him for anything e is the best!!

• Stayed February 2013
The Netherlands
Reviewed February 8, 2013

What can i see about this place. Normally i don't like sticking around in hostels but here i stayed for more days then i imagened. The dorms are clean, beds comfortable (really), showers are hot and clean. They have a big kitchen with everything you need with free breakfast in the morning pancakes and coffee.

They offer great tours for even better prices and if you have the chance to do a bbg night with drinks included here... Do it. The owner and staff likes to drink some rum with the guests in the evening so you will never drink alone.

When you are in Boguete, check out this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed February 5, 2013

This was one of my first hostel experiences. I was about 50 years older than the average guest, but sure enjoyed the friendly and vibrant scene. The hostel is well run, has a big well organized community kitchen, offers a variety of tours and hikes with local guides. My private room was a bargain. Front desk staff was polite and helpful.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed February 5, 2013

When I arrived in Boquete at 11:30pm I was thrilled but also completely exhausted after a 9 hour bus ride. We had made arrangements to stay at Mamallena before we arrived so I knew what to expect but it ended up surpassing my expectations. Victor, who greeted us in the lobby, was ecstatic that we arrived and promptly showed us to our room. The rooms are clean, well prepared, and the beds are very comfortable compared to other hostels (trust me). Theres pancakes every morning and more than enough to do in Boquete. Mamallena is a fantastic hostel and I genuinely encourage anyone who's passing through Boquete to stay here. Miguel and Victor know everything there is to do from rock climbing, hot springs and more! I stayed here for 5 nights and could NOT have ben happier with my experience. Oh, and by the way I'm going back this summer so meet me there!!!

-Hayden Klarfeld

Room Tip: Upstairs is probably less noisy, but downstairs is still extremely comfortable
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I've been staying at Mamallena for several weeks now and I consider it my home away from home. I've read some of the negative comments about the staff and I have no idea how anyone could have had such a bad experience.

The staff is fantastic and the location is impossible to beat. I highly recommend Mamallena.

• Stayed January 2013
MamallenaBoquete, Guest Relations Manager at Hostel Mamallena, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Hey there,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our place. Hope you've enjoyed your stay, and we hope to have you in the future,

Best of travels!
Monterey, California
Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed in Mamallena the first time I went to Panamá, had an excellent time and made an effort to return on my second trip! Miguel and Victor are professional, friendly and have extensive knowledge to share about the area. I participated in two Mamanllena run tours and would highly recommend both. The guides for visiting the hot springs and the waterfall hike were exceptional and the prices were affordable. The hostel has a wonderful ambiance, feels spacious, relaxing, and has several pleasant hang-out areas which make guests feel at home. Miguel and Victor go above and beyond by keeping the front desk open 24 hours, arranging BBQ's and interacting with guests.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank whittreks
MamallenaBoquete, Guest Relations Manager at Hostel Mamallena, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thanks heaps for the comments! Glad you've enjoyed your stay and our service. We hope to have you back one day, and best of travels!