“Elegant Dinner”

Ranked #7 of 107 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Since 1914, the Hotel Panamonte has been the Old world charm in the enchanting highlands of Boquete luxurious rooms and indulgent culinary experience of choice for travelers from near and far. For more than 50 years, the Collins-Elliot family has blended their Old World Swedish tradition of hospitality with the friendliness of Panama in Boquete's extraordinary cloud forest setting of mountains, valleys, waterfalls and flowers. The result is the creation of a destination luxury hotel that combines the best of history with modern amenities. For three generations, families from Panama City, the United States and Europe have been coming to The Panamonte to celebrate weddings, honeymoons, christenings, family, and corporative reunions. Discover for yourself why staying at the Hotel Panamonte has become a tradition-it is so much more than just place to rest. It is a place from which to refresh the body, mind, and spirit and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Reviewed April 3, 2014

For our last evening in Boquette, we splurged on a dinner at the well-appointed Panamonte Restaurant. You eat in a well-appointed classic dining room with hundred year old paintings.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

This is a nice restaurant, probably the fanciest one in Boquete. Beautiful grounds and nice atmosphere. Food was pretty good as well. But be prepared to pay North American prices. Our dinner for two with two iced teas was around $60 with a tip. We got there early on a week night but surprisingly the place filled up pretty quickly. It's popular with Panamanians.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

I had the shrimp dinner and cocktails here with friends. I did not know this until I ate at another restaurant that the shrimp are out of season and the other restaurant did not service camerones. They were in a heavy sauce but the texture was overly firm so you can tell they were frozen. I came to Panama to eat fresh fish. I would eat steak here. Also I thought is was pricey and very much catered to gringos. I like more of a local flare for food and venue. Nice atmosphere though.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

this is a charming place to stay with such beautiful gardens. we had dinner there as well and the food was excellent. it was my birthday when we stayed there and my daughter from the US called them to order strawberries, dipping chocolate and champagne. what a wonderful surporise

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had both dinner and breakfast here and found the food to be excellent. Be sure to check out the bar/lounge in the back of the property, it has such a cozy feel withy the fireplace going and comfy couches and chairs.