“Mystery Item In The Risotto”
Review of Hotel Panamonte

Hotel Panamonte
Ranked #7 of 106 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Since 1914, the Hotel Panamonte has been the Old world charm in the enchanting highlands of Boquete luxurious rooms and indulgent culinary experience of choice for travelers from near and far. For more than 50 years, the Collins-Elliot family has blended their Old World Swedish tradition of hospitality with the friendliness of Panama in Boquete's extraordinary cloud forest setting of mountains, valleys, waterfalls and flowers. The result is the creation of a destination luxury hotel that combines the best of history with modern amenities. For three generations, families from Panama City, the United States and Europe have been coming to The Panamonte to celebrate weddings, honeymoons, christenings, family, and corporative reunions. Discover for yourself why staying at the Hotel Panamonte has become a tradition-it is so much more than just place to rest. It is a place from which to refresh the body, mind, and spirit and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Lexington, Kentucky
“Mystery Item In The Risotto”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and I were in Boquete for our honeymoon. We were looking for different places to try, and The Panamonte Restaurant kept being suggested. So we decided to give it a try. We went in the late afternoon, around 4. so we were the only people there when we first got there.

Service was very slow. Since we were the only ones there for a long time, you would think we would have been waited on right away. I wish I could say the food was better than the service, but it was worse. My husband ordered one of their burgers and I ordered their Mushroom Risotto.

When the food finally came, my husbands meal looked fine, but mine looked horrible. It was not at all appetizing. I wanted to give it a chance though, I mean often things taste a lot better than they look. This was unfortunately not the case. I took one bite and almost spit it out. It tasted both mushy and bitter. My husband said his burger was bland at best. Upon examination of the Risotto, we noticed there was something stringy and brown in it. It was definitely not mushrooms.

We had a lot of nice meals while in Panama, and this was not one of them. You could not pay me to go back to this restaurant.

• Visited September 2013

Tacoma
“Food was wonderful”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Had a wonderful meal at aa recent Newcomers get together. The salmon was excellent, but the price was a little higher than I expected. Overall a very nice dining experience.

• Visited August 2013
Berlin, Germany
“You feel like in the golden twenties”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have been told that the hotel / restaurant have new owners and they could create the old flair again. It is like going back in time to have a drink in the garden or to enjoy the food in the nicely decorated restaurant between old furniture, clocks and paintings. It is a bit pricey but I would recommend to go their at least one evening of your stay and you will have something special.

Visited June 2013
Playa Coronado, Panama
“Cozy”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

As other reviewers state the back bar area is a wonderful cozy spot to enjoy an evening out. Service was excellent. Only downside was a weak mushroom risotto - very tasteless. Lemon pie desert is recommended.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank livethedream_8
Phoenix, Arizona
“Classic Panama”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Very nice restaurant with beautiful gardens in back. We enjoyed the food and service was good. I did not find the bar that everyone talks about until after dinner. You have to walk out the back around the garden to find it. It seemed to be a more happening place and it looked like people were eating there as well. They also had a big outdoor fireplace with a seating area but we didn't get to enjoy that as it had a sign up that it was reserved.

Visited July 2013