“Food to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Panamonte

Hotel Panamonte
Ranked #7 of 103 Restaurants in Boquete
Cuisines: International, European
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Since 1914, the Hotel Panamonte has been the Old world charm in the enchanting highlands of Boquete luxurious rooms and indulgent culinary experience of choice for travelers from near and far. For more than 50 years, the Collins-Elliot family has blended their Old World Swedish tradition of hospitality with the friendliness of Panama in Boquete's extraordinary cloud forest setting of mountains, valleys, waterfalls and flowers. The result is the creation of a destination luxury hotel that combines the best of history with modern amenities. For three generations, families from Panama City, the United States and Europe have been coming to The Panamonte to celebrate weddings, honeymoons, christenings, family, and corporative reunions. Discover for yourself why staying at the Hotel Panamonte has become a tradition-it is so much more than just place to rest. It is a place from which to refresh the body, mind, and spirit and make memories that will last a lifetime.
“Food to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Loved the hamburger, the lemon pie, all breakfast (specially weekend brunch and french toast), and the tiradito de tuna! WOW

Florida City, Florida
“Good, but not worth the hype”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

Perhaps I went over excited about this restaurant based on what I heard and read. I Am a foodie and eat all over the world and thought my meal was average. The atmosphere was nice, service ok and good menu selection. The bread was not worth the calories, unless you are starved. I started off with the pizza app, which was a thicker crust, decent amount of Manchego cheese and they said basil, but they just through some leaves on top. Taste was fair, not worth it for me. I had the shrimp rosotto, which had a great flavor and was filling. My buddy had the lamb shak with gnocchi which I tried and though it was fair, not worth $32!!! The gnocchi were tiny and not cooked correct according to what I've had all over the world in the past. I had to ask for a water refill. I wouldn't go back personally, especially after eating at The Rock the night before, which was Incredible!!! Disappointed, but I usually would give a place a second chance. They do speak English enough to communicate and I never felt rushed. The outside Inn atmosphere was very nice.

• Visited June 2013
Panama City, Panama
“Great atmosphere and nice decoration”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I liked the classic atmosphere. The food was really good and the service, too. We made a reservation, but it was not needed, because it was almost empty that night: we visited Boquete during a low season. I guess it's different in high season. This restaurant was recommended by some friends, and did not dissapoint at all. Would definitely go again, because they have plenty of things to try on the menu. Highly recommended.

St. Louis, Missouri
“Excellent food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

We ate here our first night in Boquete and were glad we did. We sat on the porch overlooking a quiet street and were given impeccable service.

They started out by bringing rolls- hot and fresh. My husband ordered the trout and I ordered a salad and the pumpkin soup. It came out pretty quickly. The soup was AMAZING. So good!! Don't miss it if you visit. Creamy and fresh, with drizzles of other flavors on top. The salad was ample, with a delicious dressing and feta cheese that complimented it perfectly. The caramelized nuts on it also were a great touch. My husband enjoyed his trout as well.

We ended with a dessert that was like a bread pudding, with dates and caramel sauce. Amazing! I only wish we would have come back here instead of going to a couple other places we tried while in town. I'd highly recommend it!

Panama City, Panama
“Best Gourmet Food in Boquete”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

If you are into gourmet food, this is the place for you! The place can be a little expensive, but I do not think there is a better chef in Boquete than the guy doing the cooking here. The service is very good and the environment of the place is excellent.

Visited September 2012