“Excellent Language School”

Habla Ya Spanish Courses & Ecotourism
More attraction details
Owner description: Why just learn Spanish? Live your Spanish learning experience! Learn Spanish in Boquete, a charming town and a dream setting place full of friendly faces and exciting adventures. Have the time of your life and live the most amazing Spanish learning experience! Habla Ya Panama Spanish School, Panama's premier Spanish school, is one of the top specialist Spanish training institutions in Central America and one of the leading providers of Spanish courses in Latin America.
Reviewed July 17, 2014

This summer I was able to attend language school to improve my Spanish. From the many options, through references and local research by friends, I chose Habla Ya in Panama. It was an AMAZING experience. I attended classes in Boquete, which is a beautiful location. It is a small town, but with a very diverse and interesting weekly market, a colorful and interesting city center, and mouth-watering bakeries.

I attended group classes the first week, 4 hours per day for 5 days. It was intimidating at first because my last language class was almost 20 years ago. However, the instructor, Leidys, put me at ease. She was very good at working at my pace while still pushing me. I was very happy with the progress I made. The second week, I took private lessons. I attended 2 days for 2 hours per day with Aráliz. She was wonderful and worked with me on the specific issues that I needed. Overall, the experience was intense, tiring, and gave me a terrific feeling of accomplishing a life goal. I hope to be able to return again! I would highly recommend the school and these professoras to anyone looking to improve their language skills.

2  Thank Jamie O

Reviewed July 12, 2014

I'd say my experience overall was very good. The customer service in terms of setting up my trip was amazing, really fantastic. They made all the arrangements and help me set up the trip in a way that I have not seen with other schools. The host family I stayed with was also equally amazing and probably the best part of my trip. Traveling around the area was also wonderful. I set up several day trips with the local tour company. The part that was just average was the Spanish classes. They were okay. The teachers travel in from David and some were very good and some didn't seem quite as committed. I also tried to set up extra private lessons at the last minute, which I have been able to do at other schools; however, because the teachers don't live in the area and they did not seem to have any backup teachers, this was not possible. When I tried to set up on-line classes for after my return to the US, the options were very limited with very rigid scheduling options, so I had to go with another school. 5 points for hospitality and customer service in setting up the trip. 5 points for the host family. 5 points for the location. 3 points for the Spanish classes.

panamajoules, Owner at Habla Ya Spanish Courses & Ecotourism, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Hola. We're happy to hear your overall experience was very good. And thank you for your feedback in regards to scheduling. We'll do a better job at letting people know that during high season it's very difficult to book additional lessons on-site. The reason we don't have backup teachers like other schools is because we invest lots of time and energy in training each of our teachers and all of them are hired full time year round, and we aim to have enough teachers to cover classes during high season, but we never improvise like other schools by hiring random teachers to just teach for a couple of weeks when the school is packed (January - March, June - August). This does mean that we will have less options for flexible scheduling during high season (for both on site lessons and online ones) but this also means that we are able to keep our quality very high. On the other hand, lots of our teachers at our school in Boquete do travel to David, but we supply a private bus for them which allows them to make this commute in only 30 minutes instead of using public transportation which takes around 1 hr. Currently all of our teachers in Boquete have at least 2 years of teaching experience with us and this makes a world of difference when it comes to teaching quality. If we just hired teachers on a temporary bases or didn't provide them with private transportation, we wouldn't be able to deliver lessons with the quality that we do.

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we began planning our service trip to Boquete, Panama, every person we worked with at Habla Ya answered our questions or found us the information we needed quickly and with amazing friendliness. Once we arrived in Boquete, they made sure we were comfortable and facilitated any communication we needed with those community members we were working with. I cannot say enough good things about Habla Ya's professionalism and service-minded culture.

1  Thank stockwe1
Reviewed July 8, 2014

This was by far the best trip and it was for school lol. This is something I could do again. Thanks for the experience

2  Thank DiAmber
Reviewed May 24, 2014

My 3 weeks at Habla Ya Boquete 2013
My trip to Panama was not in vain. My homestay was awesome. The family was very kind and inviting. I especially loved the food. Im sure I gained a few pounds. The teachers at Habla Ya were very friendly. My first teacher Yaira was very nice and might I add, an excellent teacher! She helped me gain more confidence in speaking with natives as that was always a fear of mine. She taught me alot about culture as well as the use of the language. I enjoyed every moment of her classes and didnt want her to leave, but she was about to give birth. We developed an amazing bond; it was like we knew each other for years! She incorporated many differrent methods to make the classes fun and exciting. My second teacher was Araliz who firstly asked us what our expectations were for the class. She was very nice and worked us harddddd! It benefitted us greatly! I really enjoyed the classes and it helped me to express myself more in Spanish. I developed friendships with other staff members from the school and Explora Ya. I went on a few tours, but I enjoyed horseback riding more and Caldera Springs Natural Jacuzzis. The views were very beautiful. Everyone was helpful around the school and community. Im taking another trip next year because I really enjoyed my time at Habla Ya!

4  Thank Lateka