“Habla Ya for learning Spanisy- Leidys- a great instructor”

Habla Ya Spanish Courses & Ecotourism
More attraction details
Owner description: Why just learn Spanish? Live your Spanish learning experience! Learn Spanish in Boquete, a charming town and a dream setting place full of friendly faces and exciting adventures. Have the time of your life and live the most amazing Spanish learning experience! Habla Ya Panama Spanish School, Panama's premier Spanish school, is one of the top specialist Spanish training institutions in Central America and one of the leading providers of Spanish courses in Latin America.
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Habla Ya for learning Spanisy- Leidys- a great instructor”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I just finished three weeks studying Spanish at Habla Ya in Boquete and will continue to study for two more weeks in Bocas del Toro. I had one hour of private lessons with Leidys in the mornings and then was joining others in a group lessons for 4 hours with Leidys as well. Leidys is a great teacher. She approaches her job with professionalism and yet allows time for some fun and laughs. My three weeks learning Spanish was very helpful in getting me on my way to better communication and comprehension. Leidys even planned a special field trip for our group to David. This was a nice change from the normal classroom setting as we were able to learn more Spanish while participating in a hands on activity- Shopping! I am very pleased with this experience and would certainly recommend Leidys as an instructor- she is kind and fun! You will love her laugh- : D !

1 Thank Di K

Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Spanish school!”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I studied at Habla Ya in Boquete in 2010, and more recently took some online lessons with Irasema Tijerino. Irasema is a very friendly and patient teacher. I most enjoyed our conversations about our lives, as well as on specific topics. I like that Habla Ya will personalize their teachings based on what it is you're struggling with and wish to practice. You can get as little or as much homework as you want to improve your Spanish. I may take more online lessons in the future and plan to drop by the school next time I'm in Panama!

2 Thank bigtravelnut
Austin, Texas
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Online experience with Habla Ya”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I recently decided to give myself the birthday gift of a month of individual internet Spanish classes with teachers from Habla Ya. The classes were intense – four hours a day plus homework every night. Yenny Serrano taught me in the morning, then an hour break for lunch, and Mitzila Vega taught me in the afternoon. I was so fortunate! These teachers were warm, patient, funny, intelligent, flexible in their approach, clear in their explanations, and encouraging. Since it was individual instruction, they could target the classes towards my weaknesses. To get me talking in Spanish, Yenny encouraged numerous conversations about politics, customs, and culture in Panama – how to properly and effectively accomplish things – what is and isn’t considered polite… Mitzila was amazing at clearly explaining grammar and vocabulary, step by step, with helpful examples. And everything from both teachers was all in Spanish! I came away with a much better ear for the language, with greater clarity on what I need to work on next, with more confidence in my speaking and writing skills, and with a great feeling of warmth towards Yenny, Mitzila, and Habla Ya. This is a fine, well run, honest, responsive operation. Their learning materials are top quality, as are their teachers.

My only suggestion to anyone else doing this is to ensure that your internet connection is as solid and fast as possible. And there can be a few times, due to the cable company’s signal failure, that classes may need to be rescheduled. Classes in person, at Habla Ya, are preferable for that reason and for the chance to fully experience the wonders of Panama. But if you are limited by income or time, the internet classes are fantastic and I hope to study with Habla Ya again!

1 Thank Anne B
Boquete
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Habla Ya Spanish courses”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I can't praise the patience, skill and attitude of the Habla Ya staff enough. My wife and I had one on one coaching from a lovely young lady named Ariles Mendoza and on a couple of occasions when she wasn't available, her stand in took over with equal enthusiasmn! We still don't speak much Spanish but we did learn a lot of words and some simple phrases. The fact that we don't speak Spanish I am sure is our fault and not theirs!

I would happily recommend their services to anyone who is coming to live in Panama or even just visiting, the time spent in class just flies by but it is time well spent!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Panamdan
Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wonderful experience learning Spanish at Habla Ya”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I spent three weeks learning Spanish at Habla Ya Boquete in Feb 2013. I enrolled for group lessons and my teacher was Yenny. Yenny is an amazing teacher. She has a gift for teaching and is very knowledgeable. I felt a little apprehensive during my first and wasn't sure if I could speak and listen in Spanish for 4 hours in a small group. However, from the first day, Yenny made me feel very comfortable. I was soon able to make jokes in Spanish! After three weeks learning Spanish, I felt at ease conversing in Spanish with the locals.

Enrolling at the school is an easy process. They also help with travel arrangements and local accommodation.

The extra-curricular activities organized by the school is comprehensive and it was easy to socialize with the other students.

Visited February 2013