“Wonderful Spanish classes”

Habla Ya Spanish Courses & Ecotourism
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Why just learn Spanish? Live your Spanish learning experience! Learn Spanish in Boquete, a charming town and a dream setting place full of friendly faces and exciting adventures. Have the time of your life and live the most amazing Spanish learning experience! Habla Ya Panama Spanish School, Panama's premier Spanish school, is one of the top specialist Spanish training institutions in Central America and one of the leading providers of Spanish courses in Latin America.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I spent two weeks in Boquete and had the pleasure of working with two talented teachers, Irasema and Araliz, in both group and individual classes.

2  Thank Laura C
"private class"
in 7 reviews
"excellent teachers"
in 6 reviews
"highly recommend this school"
"local family"
"panama city"
in 18 reviews
"great learning"
"the entire staff"
in 5 reviews
"high school"

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We just returned from a tour of the Boquete area, and had the pleasure of visiting Tito's Finca la Milagrosa. (Farm of Miracles). Our tour guide was Katherine, and she did an exceptional job explaining the history of the farm as well as the entire process from growing the coffee beans to roasting them. Her English was impeccable, and she truly had exuberance for explaining it all. We thoroughly enjoyed our time at the coffee plantation--all made so much better by our fabulous guide, Katherine! PS Meeting Tito at the end of the presentation, and sipping his Royal coffee was a big thumbs up too!

Reviewed August 4, 2013

I visited Habla Ya back in April 2012 and had a fantastic time, so when I returned home, I looked into their Skype lessons. I've been taking them ever since! Online classes are a fantastic resource, and almost just as good as being in the classroom. The classes are 1 to 1, so they are essentially private tutoring. They have structured lessons and materials that are emailed to you, as well as an online program for activities and homework. The classes end up being in the early morning on the US west coast, which is perfect timing for anyone who works (and is a morning person). The only downside is that sometimes the internet connection or Skype service is wobbly, but if it's impacting class, we end up rescheduling.

My teacher, Jubal, is really good with planning exercises, facilitating discussions, and just making classes fun! He's super supportive of my efforts, and is always happy to accommodate any requests to focus on specific areas. I especially appreciate the cooperative approach, and that Habla Ya has been able to keep my lessons with Jubal for so long. I'm sure that scheduling all of their teachers can be challenging, but having a consistent teacher has been really helpful. Gracias por todo Jubal, especialmente por escuchando a los cuentos de mis gatos y sugeriendo telenovelas super top!

3  Thank Iuliutsa
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Confidence and experiences are two words that come to my mind when I think about my time at Habla Ya in Boquete. I studied Spanish for 1 month at Habla Ya. I developed greater confidence in speaking and understanding Spanish during my daily classes with Leidys and Paola. Leidys & Paola were personable and compassionate. Habla Ya also helped provide me with an incredible experience of living with a local Panamanian family. If you want to really be immersed in the Panamanian culture, I highly recommend choosing to live with a local family. Also, I enjoyed the extracurricular experiences Habla Ya arranged such as Movie Nights, excursions to the gulf coast, and a visit to an Ngöbe-Buglé indigenous community. ¡Gracias Habla Ya!

1  Thank K C