“Best Way to Learn Spanish!”

Habla Ya Spanish Courses & Ecotourism
More attraction details
Owner description: Why just learn Spanish? Live your Spanish learning experience! Learn Spanish in Boquete, a charming town and a dream setting place full of friendly faces and exciting adventures. Have the time of your life and live the most amazing Spanish learning experience! Habla Ya Panama Spanish School, Panama's premier Spanish school, is one of the top specialist Spanish training institutions in Central America and one of the leading providers of Spanish courses in Latin America.
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I was most impressed with the accurate pre-assessment of my Spanish speaking ability, or lack thereof, the day I arrived at Habla Ya in Boquete, Panama. All of my teachers spoke only in Spanish, and my Boquete family helped to make my immersion experience complete. Boquete is a safe and tranquil place to live and learn. I plan to return again soon. I only wish I had more time to study and learn at Habla Ya.

1  Thank Jonathan J
"middle school"
"learning fun"
"teaching style"

Reviewed August 22, 2012

The setup was professional, teachers on time and eager. I can not compare it to other language schools since it was my first. But I feel during my short time studying with Habla Ya, I can get around Central and South America with a little more confidence. But not enough confidence to write this review in Spanish, haha. Anyways, I recommend this place. Good people willing to help.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

My experience at Habla Ya has been one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I am impressed by the level of professionalism shown by my teachers(Alexis and Leidys) and other teachers at the school. I was most impressed however at the classes that I had with Alexis. My main goal for coming to Habla Ya was to increase my confidence in speaking Spanish. I can definitely say that because of the class discussions, debates and general conversation about various topics, I have definitely achieved this. I am especially grateful to Julio and Lorena for ensuring that I stayed with the Best host family-the Arauz family, whom I consider my real family. Im definitely looking forward to coming to Habla ya again, and I will encourage others to come here also.

Valentino Rahming

2  Thank Valentino r
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I don't even know where to begin to describe my 5 week journey with Hablaya in Boquete, Panama.

I had the BEST host family ever, the Montenegro family. I loved them so much and could never forget them. I hope to keep in touch with them for the rest of my life.

I have a few bones to pick with the school. My first teacher, Michel, needs to be let go immediately. It's nothing personal against him, he is just not a good teacher... at all. My first week was WASTED with him. I know by talking to other students and reading other reviews online that he is not a good teacher and the school knows. I was very upset with the school, I felt betrayed that they would knowingly give me such a bad teacher. But, then I got the best teacher ever. Paola. I will never forget her. We had some really awesome times together, but I was always learning. Ill talk more about her later.

Also, the school's methodology thing... I don't buy it. Between submitting my online test to the 3rd week of my trip, I went from A2 to C1... I heard multiple times from multiple people that they weren't content with their levels and that they had made the school aware of it.

Anyway, my teacher. She was just the best. I was constantly learning, even if I didn't always do my homework, because we fully conversed in Spanish.

I hope my review can be taken completely constructively, I had the experience of a lifetime. I will never forget any of this. I made some very good friends. I will go back. I don't know if going back to Boquete will be the next trip I take, or even the second. But I definitely will come back and will take classes with Hablaya.

5  Thank Jacob1313131313
panamajoules, Owner at Habla Ya Spanish Courses & Ecotourism, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Hi Jacob,

We really appreciate your feedback and we're very happy to hear that you will be joining us again in the future.

Paola and your host family we're very pleased to see your comments and both say hi.

In regards to the first teacher you had, look, we're really sorry that it didn't go as you had expected during your first week. All of our students deserve to have an amazing teacher throughout their entire program and that is what we aim for. We're really sorry that we weren't able to do that with you.

When Michel joined us he showed true potential, and we do believe in second chances, especially for people with strong work ethics, because hey, anyone can have a bad day. Anyways, the fault is on us so 2 strikes and you're out.

On the other hand, when it comes to level placement, it's not exact science, and that is why besides submitting a written test before you arrive, we also interview every student before their first class. This is why sometimes people are placed in higher or lower levels then what comes out in your written test. As other reviewers have pointed out, students should trust our school directors in this front because they are the experts and at the end of the day know where is the best place for a student to be placed. Students who trust in our team and let us do our work are the ones who reap out the most benefits.

Anyways, glad you had an amazing experience and we look forward to seeing you in the future!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Our family's recent Spanish-learning vacation with Habla Ya in Boquete was a truly fantastic experience. We combined Spanish classes, ecotourism activities, a homestay and a hotel stay which gave us a wonderfully rich experience - a nice mix of splurging and authenticity. Not without its challenges and flaws of course, but Habla Ya's warm, friendly, dedicated service far outweighed the hiccups we experienced. We were very impressed by their quick and kind responsivity to our questions and concerns when they arose. Working alongside Explora Ya, they offer a full-service "travel service" that can cater to a wide range of budgets and comfort levels.

As a school, the Spanish instruction was both high-quality and fun. For me, that meant advanced, private classes that expertly addressed my unique needs as a heritage learner and Spanish teacher. Thank you Monica and others who helped me! I look forward to continuing our collaboration via Skype. My initially skeptical husband who was going along for the ride ended the week pleasantly surprised by how much Spanish he had learned and how much he had enjoyed the classes. And for my daughter, it was just plain fun, fun, fun!

Thank you Habla Ya for becoming a part of our family memories!