“The highlight of our trip!”

Boquete Outdoor Adventures
Ranked #1 of 45 things to do in Boquete
More attraction details
Owner description: Boquete Outdoor Adventures is Panama's premier provider of amazing whitewater rafting trips, as well as cloud forest hiking, island trips with snorkeling and sea kayaking, coffee tours, zip lining, whitewater kayaking, bird watching, humpback whale watching, horseback riding, and hiking or 4x4 Jeep tours of Volcan Baru. Located in the gorgeous mountains and slopes of Volcan Baru, Boquete is an eco-traveler's paradise. We provide the most experienced guides and amazing travel packaged experiences all over Panama. Please contact us as we would love to arrange all of your Panama Vacation details.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bay Area
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed April 5, 2009

The highlight of our trip to the beautiful town of Boquete was definitely our day white water rafting on the Chiriqui River with Boquete Outdoor Adventures. My friend and I had never been rafting before and aren't particularly outdoorsy, but we felt very safe and had an absolute blast! Jim Omer and the other guides were very attentive and went above and beyond to ensure that we had a great time. I would definitely recommend this trip to anyone who is visiting Boquete!

• Czech first
Olympia, Washington
“Chiriqui Viejo river raft trip”
Reviewed March 31, 2009

The raft trip on the Chiriqui Viejo river trip was well organized, had good equipment, good safety processes and was just plain fun. Thanks for a great trip.

Arkansas
“Our day on the Island of Games”
Reviewed March 29, 2009

We had a great day. Outdoor Adventures was good about being flexible and allowing us to do what we wanted to do. My husband was able to fish and the kids and I were able to snorkle and hang out on the island. Lunch, snacks and drinks were provided and it was a wonderful, relaxing day.

denver colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Outstanding memorable adventure”
Reviewed March 29, 2009

I had a great time with Boquette Outdoor Adventures. Jim Omer went the extra mile to make sure all of my needs were met.

Initiially I signed up for a 6 day sea kayaking trip. When that did work out Jim took personal responsibility to come with an alternative plan that was executed nearly flawlessly.

We took an outstanding rafting trip on the Chiriqui Viejo. Beautiful endangered river (may be gone in a couple of years because of a dam) on the Costa Rica border. Top notch equipment and guides. Lots of fun.

Then took the waterfall hike near Boquette. Nice hike. Jim took us over to Paradise Gardens, a wildlife rescue faciilty near town later that day. I would highly recommend a visit. Unparalleled chance to get close to wildlife that has been rescued. I got to hold a baby sloth and pet a baby anteater. Not a zoo, most animals released. Very well done. Jim made sure to show me the best restaurants in Boquette and bought me a bunch of groceries to make sure I had enough food when I was on my own. Good accomodations at Hostel Boquette.

Then we went on a three day sea kayaking trip. Hot and long paddle into current and wind rewarded by two great campsites. Lots of tasty well prepared food. Good equipment and a support boat with supplies was a nice touch on day 2. Compared favorably to sea kayaking trips I've taken in Baja, Honduras, Costa Rica, Alaska, and BC.

All airport pickups and local transport in Panama CIty and David performed efficienctly with courtesy.

Overall I would highly recommned Boquette Outdoor Adventures for someone looking for memorable trip for a good value. Jim as a small business person takes personal responsiblity to make sure his guests are well taken care of. His staff, including but not limited to, Andrea, Rolando, Peppitto, Dimas, Oswaldo and others were outstanding, very personable, and mindful of safety at all times.

I can hardly wait to go back to Boquette.

1 Thank DenverColoradoMike
california
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best part of Panama”
Reviewed March 25, 2009

Boquete Outdoor Adventures (BOA) was by far the best part of my visit to Panama, because they took us to beautiful places that we would never have found on our own. Boquete is a beautiful small town located in the east and is just a hop ,skip, and jump away from Costa Rica. The town has just enough to keep you busy without taking away from the authenticity of the small town culture. We took our first tour, of white water rafting, a few days after we arrived to Boquete. The BOA company was very organized, professional, and well informed about the area. Safety seemed to be a big must, which put our minds at ease. We were so impressed that we booked several more tours. The white water rafting tour took us on a great adventure of the most beautiful rivers of Panama. The guides knew exactly what they were doing and seemed to know the river like the back of their hands. We continued to tour with the company by going on a mountain horseback ride that took our breath away. The water fall hikes were something out of a dream and is a must do when visiting Boquete. The guides took us through caves and helped us to safely cross through the back of the water fall to take some amazing pictures. The rock climbing tour was well worth getting over any fear of heights, because getting to the top and overlooking the view was mesmerizing. The guide was by far one of the best climbers I have ever seen. We could not pass up a chance to visit some of the beaches while we were there. The white sand beaches of the islands were lined with dozens of tall palm trees. The guides knew exactly which beaches to go to and the 45 minute boat ride was almost as beautiful as the beach itself. The pictures I took of the crystal blue waters inspired several of my friends to seriously consider traveling to Panama. The guides went above and beyond to make sure that we were having the best time. We drank from fresh coconuts, had a great lunch, and took a siesta on the hammocks. What a tough life! The jumping dolphins that followed our boat back to the dock were a perfect ending to a perfect day. I have traveled to over 20 different countries all over the world and I have never raved about a country as much as I have about Panama. It is a place that will inspire you, treat you well, and make you want to come back for more.
Happy Travels