“Absolute Winner!!!”
Review of Hostal Boquete

Hostal Boquete
Ranked #39 of 54 Specialty Lodging in Boquete
Reviewed July 6, 2010

This was one of the best cheap accommodations I have stayed in, not only in Panama, but worldwide. My girlfriend and I stayed there for over a week, and studies at a nearby Spanish Language School.
On arrival there were no rooms, but not to worry, the guys said there would be one available the next day, and showed us round the corner to a friend's hostel for the night.
The owners were so nice and informative, anything we wanted, they provoded, even just a friendly chat. For my girlfriend and I, as young travellers, they made us fel at home, almost like parents haha.
The rooms were basic, but clean and spacious for the price. At the time there was no construction on the river, but I'd imagine this problem is not the Hostal's fault.
All in all I would recommend anyone to stay there, unless of course you are loking for a resort/hotel, then maybe look in the higher price range.
Thanks guys

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 8, 2010

Hostal Boquete was a wonderful place to stay. My friend and I were there for three nights and everything we needed was a stone's throw away. David, the owner, is a knowledgeable American who is willing to help out in any way he can. The Hostal has a restaurant and laundry services right there and a relaxing atmosphere. There is no more construction by the river so we slept just fine.

The only negatives were that the water in the shower was a bit cold and the pressure wasn't the strongest. Also, in the three days we were there the room wasn't cleaned, but if we really wanted something done, I'm sure that it would have been if we'd asked.

All in all, you can't get a better place for the money we spent and I'd recommend Hostal Boquete in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2010

This is not a 5 star..4 star..or even 3 star hotel, but dont let that stop you from staying here. Sure the beds are slightly hard..the bathrooms small with the exception of the shower, and yes there is construction on the river..but all that aside it this is a great place to stay. We got a double room for $38 (includes the 10% room tax) upstairs in the front of the hotel. It is an easy walk of 3 blocks from the park right next to the river.
The staff are friendly, the restuarant good, the rooms clean, and if you are like my husband and only pack enough clothes for 3 days on a 10 day trip they will do your laundry for a small fee.
The owner is from the US and very friendly and helpful. He can tell you the best places to eat in Boquete and also has a list of tours with the prices hanging by the door. Just tell him or one of the desk staff members what it is you want to see and they will arranged it for you.
If we ever make it back to Boquete we will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 29, 2010

I had a great time at the hostal/hotel, we stayed for three nights and it is the best being on the river and the sound of the river was relaxing, there was some construction on the river , they are making it look more beautiful, The work is done except for up stream so you might see a truck in the river once in a while The staff is very helpful and assisted us with everything we wanted to do, spanish and english spoken here,
The Restaurant has very good food, good customer service, nice people, we will be back next year and we allready made the reservation.

People from all over the world stay here and its nice talking to people from other countries

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2010

great location, clean, nice helpful staff.
totally a great place to stay on your visit through Panama

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 27, 2010

The hostal does have a fine river view. Only thing the owner did not mention, was that the river is the subject of city plans: they are adjusting it's location. Hardworking labourers come with their bulldozers and gave me and my girlfriend the most headache causing alarmcall when they started dropping large bricks of concrete less than 150m from our windown at 06.AM. After 1 morning just noticing but not complaining becasue we were booked for an early hike, the 2nd morning really made us leave the hotel asap.

The owner, an american, is not willing to hear your complaints (if he even could) and wisely lives somewhere else. When guests like me come complain, his poor native employee takes the heat and is then ordered to say that the owner cannot help that the river is subject of construction. Obviously he couldn't warn us because if he'd told us, we wouldn't have taken the room near the window (or any for that matter). After a long discussion I reported my complain to local police who did their best to make me not feel like between a rock and a hard place where obviously I was. These constructions will last for at least 2010 through as I understood and part of 2011 maybe. I strongly all who appreciate their morning rest to last longer than 06.AM and those weary of headaches anyhow to avoid this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2010

I stayed here for a few nights with a friend, and for the price (and being a hostel) I was really surprised. The bar/restaurant area is really nice and overlooks the river. Unfortunately they were doing some heavy construction on the river at the time of my stay, but that is hardly their fault. The owner is a genuinely nice guy, and hopefully you're lucky enough to meet his buddy Scotty (the Nam vet) who was also a great conversationalist. Overall this hostel is clean, friendly, and everything worked fine without any complaints. Very good choice if you're in Boquete.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends