“Great vibe, good drinks, nice people”
Review of Zanzibar

Zanzibar
Ranked #2 of 2 Nightlife in Boquete
Reviewed March 29, 2010

My friend's and I happened upon this place a year ago while travelling through Boquete. The decor and atmosphere were great, and the music was amazing- for my taste. I was pleasantly surprised to find a place like this in Boquete, and have since returned to Boquete twice and always had a wonderful time.

1  Thank gvibezbk

Reviewed March 26, 2010

I must admit I am shocked by this person's review, and considering he also received free drinks? I frequented Zanzibar a few times during my stay in Boquete, and each time was a fantastic experience, I did not notice an overpowering odor, and if there was one, exactly what do you suppose the bar can do, call the public sewage department?
For great drinks, with ample top-shelf alcohol for $4 this is your place. Often there is very good live music as well (which you can participate in), and the place attracts locals, gringos, and travelers alike, a melting pot of Boquete! For destinations in Boquete, Zanzibar is a must to visit for its decor, live music and great people from all over!

Reviewed March 26, 2010

I have been in Boquete for a few months now, and I am still not bored of this place.

Great atmosphere, great music, friendly staff (not the fastest but that is part of the culture) and great parties on Wednesdays when they have belly-dance shows, or on Thursdays with their special themes, and live music on Saturdays. Sometimes the place is too full to walk or get a table, but it's a great place to meet people, and see friendly faces.

Cocktails are good, and for European standards very cheap ($2.50-$4 depending on the alcohol).

I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to just chill and smoke a hookah, or listen to good music!

3  Thank CCEM
Reviewed January 24, 2010

On the strength of the reviews posted here, and armed with free drink coupons handed out by a representative from the local English language school, we paid a visit to Zanzibar on our way back into the thick of Boquete from the Panamonte restaurant. The decor is excellent, and the lighting subdued; the music was bass-heavy and pleasant, and there were aerial acrobats on the television. All this seemed sublime until a gust of raw sewage odor blew in through the screened windows by which we were sitting to stay cool. The wait staff, obviously used to such a phenomenon, lit a stick of incense near us and said nothing. The free drinks were weak, which is to be expected, but so were the $4/each drinks we bought, a margarita and a Manhattan. In a country where you can buy a fifth of almost anything for ten bucks, this is frankly ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as trying to enjoy a drink while inhaling the smell of human waste.

2  Thank Martin E
Reviewed December 22, 2009

Your choices for nightlife in Boquete are limited, but unless there is a local festival going on, this is the place to go. Perfect place to share your day's worth of experiences with other travelers or local expats.

Also, keep your eye out for crazy Uncle Rico, although he may never stop talking if you get him going.

1  Thank IdRatherBeTraveling9