“Zanzi-barely”
Review of Zanzibar

Zanzibar
Ranked #2 of 2 Nightlife in Boquete
Reviewed November 14, 2013 via mobile

The interior decor of this dimly lit place is kind of "African Safari" and a little bit bohemian. The seating arrangements follow along the same line, but are uncomfortable for lounging. There's no food to be had, and several of the items on the drink menu were "unavailable". We ordered a "Che Guevara" and a martini (can't remember the name). All the alcohol from both drinks must have ended up in the martini... It was like extremely strong and poor Mr Guevara was without strength. One treat here was that they sell locally made cigars, but there's only one seat in the bar that qualifies as a smoking zone, and it was occupied. Also, the sign said "jazz night", but all we heard was reggae for five or six tracks before we finished our drinks and moved along.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I want to like this place... in fact, I REALLY want to like this place. It has a funky vibe and decor that set the stage for a trendy spot in Boquete to have a few drinks and relax. Rumor has it they even have live music on certain nights! We went a bit early so the place was pretty empty, but seemed to be filling up as we exited.

My primary complaint? Terrible drinks. Maybe we went on a bad night, but they left a lot to be desired. They were made wrong -- different from what was listed on the menu -- and the glasses were only half full. Bartender also did not seem pleased that I requested that the drink be switched out for vodka [as listed] instead of gin [as prepared] when I showed him the menu.

I'm definitely willing to give this place another shot--others seem to think rather highly of it and I could use a fun night out... perhaps a bit later in the evening on a night with music. Regardless, as a first experience? I was unimpressed.

2  Thank madasaurusrex
Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

The drinks are cheap but taste expensive. The music is local but sounds international. The crowd is laid back but exiting. All in all, this place is a great way to see how Boquete kicks back and enjoy themselves!

Reviewed April 4, 2010

Whilst Boquete isn't the biggest of party towns you will always discover some fun at Zanzibar. The owners have managed to create an amazing atmosphere by combining great music, good drinks and vibrant decorations. The Saturday night live music is some of the best in town and you are guaranteed to meet someone interesting!
From one happy traveller to the next, Zanzibar is well worth visit when in Boquete!

2  Thank Sally156