“Awkward”

Ranked #15 of 48 Specialty Lodging in Boquete
New York City, New York
“Awkward”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I found this place really awkward to stay in. I travel very frequently and though I love the charm of a B&B, I don't want to go through somebody's living room each time I leave my room. I also felt like it was unclear what could be expected - we were asked if we wanted something for breakfast, but I wasn't sure if it was asked as a personal favor... Again, perhaps for some kind of traveler it would be perfect, but it wasn't right for me.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Tatyana2307

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cartagena, Colombia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

We had a group of 6 and Casa Pedro was a obvious choice from the beginning because they have rooms and a separate cabin. My wife and arrived first and were initially concerned because of the distance from town(3 1/2 KMs). It turned out to be a non-issue because cabs are easy to come by and are cheap. This is a great place for a family or anyone who wants to experience the countryside. There is a nice hike literally outside the door where you will see coffee bushes and great views. The owner and his wife are top notch hosts and are truly professional. Meals were homemade and delicious. Enjoy!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

There are many great reviews here. There is little that I can say that hasn't already been said better by someone else. I spent a week there during the Boquete Jazz and Blues Festival.This was not only my first trip to Boquete and Panama but my first trip abroad. The homey, relaxed atmosphere made my stay better than I could have imagined. Pedro and Marilin treated me like one of the family. On my last night there, Marilin prepared a special meal, but the meals were all extraordinary. It was truly like having a home away from home. I will stay there again if I have the chance to return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank RBrockelsby
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2012

My class and I stopped there for a few days to study the rainforest and hike Volcan Baru. However, despite the amazing nature, I think my favorite part was Casa Pedro and the amazing hospitality we received. Every meal was amazing, many with freshly gathered eggs, and I felt just at home. After the exhausting hike of Volcan Baru, Pedro knew exactly the meal (and pain relievers) to make us feel better. I would go back there in a heart beat.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

I stayed at Casa Pedro for 3 weeks and enjoyed my time there thoroughly. It is a mountain lodge-style guest house with great charm: rustic, very clean, and all that fresh mountain air! The room I stayed in was big and spotless, with a queen-sized bed and a shared en-suite shower (opens from either room and locks from the inside).The plus for me was to get such quality accommodation at this affordable price. However, it was the people that really made my stay there unforgettable. Peter is the kind of hotel owner who really looks after his guests. He gave me tons of useful tourist information, helped me arrange taxis, led me and a group of friends on a hike on request, even went with me to the doctor so he could translate. Marilin, his wife, is a great cook and made me some of the best omelette breakfasts I've ever tasted!! They keep chickens, so the eggs were always fresh. And I also got to practise my Spanish with little Pedro Noel Jr and his playmate, Lobo the puppy. (Noel's Spanish was better). I recommend Casa Pedro one hundred percent!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
Portland, OR/San Jose, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

My wife and I spent Christmas night and the next 2-days here and felt very welcome and included while at the same time had plenty of our own space. This was our first time staying in a place that provides- if you like, great meals (for a bargain). We had breakfast twice and dinner once - delicious and delightful company and the food was great home cooking. If you wish, Peter & Marilin are very helpful planning outings from easy hikes to the major outings available in the area. Would stay here again for sure-

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here after trying to find a reasonably priced place to stay. We pulled up to the house and I loved how immaculate the place looked from the outside and couldn't wait to stay in a cute house away from the main tourist crowd. No one was there at first but when we called the cell number on the sign out front the owner came to meet us in 5min. Stayed in a back room that had a big bed and big bathroom. Very clean and comfortable, stayed there for $45 for one night and they made us fresh coffee in the morning that the owner picks and roasts himself!! A true gem to find. And the gentleman and his wife said next time if we let them know ahead of time they will cook breakfast or lunch if you request. A must stay for us when we're in the area again!

• Stayed December 2011