“What a find!”
Review of Hotel Ladera

Hotel Ladera
Ranked #9 of 12 Hotels in Boquete
Reviewed July 9, 2014

From the minute we pulled up, we feel in love with Hotel Ladera. Immaculate gardens, pristine building, and quaint little balconies. The lobby was beautiful and inviting. Elena was awesome and helped us figure out how to get to The Lost Waterfalls, where to buy a cooler, where to have laundry done, etc. The rest of the staff was also very friendly and helpful. We enjoyed our stay so much that we booked another night. The room, like the rest of the hotel was clean and very well designed. We thoroughly enjoyed the balcony, a great place to chill and have a cup of coffee or a glass of wine (depending on the time of day). Overall, one of our favorite places to stay in Panama, we will definitely return!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jessica T

Reviewed June 24, 2014

The hotel's staff has a great attitude toward customer service & conscientious upkeep. It is obvious that the staff cares about where they work and the experience of guests that arrive. Nathalie, the manager, speaks excellent English for those of us (like me) that are still Espanol challenged. The first impression upon driving up is one of an immaculately kept facility. That perception continued for me all the way through the hotel during my stay. It is squeaky clean and modern. It is a quiet location a 3 minute drive from town center. They have a restaurant on-site that I had the complimentary continental breakfast at & great tasting coffee! The room I stayed in was upscale with a comfortable queen and a twin bed. Access to wi-fi is included.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Patrick F
Reviewed June 17, 2014

A very nice facility about a mile from central Boquete. Quiet location with nice landscaping. Good parking if you have a rental car like we did. Really liked the room.
Only issue I could give is that staff that spoke English were scarce at times. One had good English, one had OK English, rest were none.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I was looking for a quiet, clean, spacious room with wifi, and that's exactly what Ladera had to offer. Unfortunately I was sick while traveling for work, so I couldn't take advantage of the welcome shot of Ron Abuelo they offered me or the morning's breakfast, but I was happy to take advantage of the comfortable bed in the large room.

I wasn't traveling with a car, but the open air hallway to my room looked down on the parking lot, and I always like being able to see my vehicle if I travel with one. The window looked out on the street that leads into town; Ladera is located within comfortable walking distance from town, but is still separate. The front desk called me a cab (I had lots of luggage) into town, and it cost me $1.

Ladera isn't extravagant, but is definitely comfortable and meets all basic business travel needs. The "high season" price seemed a little steep for what it was, but I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The hotel is well located, close to the main town and near delicious popular restaurants. The rooms are big, clean, and comfortable. They have free WIFI and a delicious breakfast included with many different options. The staff is very nice and they have great service (I love drinking tea before going to bed, and a nice man from the restaurant will always bring me the hot tea to the room at night. Overall is a great place to stay in boquete at a good price, but the only thing that I hated is that they don't have hot water to take a shower in the morning and being Boquete a place with a chill/coldish weather, I didn't like this at all. If you are an early bird you'll be fine, but if you "sleep in" til 8am, prepare for the cold water!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Nice modern clean and well appointed rooms. Just a short distance to town and all the activities. The staff was great and spoke English which made it easier. Restaurant served a nice complimentary breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank starlink77
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The rooms were very comfortable and tastefully decorated. Being able to relax on the deck by the fountain to review e-mails and news on the Internet, allowed us to enjoy the beauty of the area while keeping up on the activities in other part of the world. We enjoyed the meals at the restaurant and the service was exceptional. Our breakfasts were prepared to our personal preferences, whether you wanted an omelet, oatmeal, French toast, fruit, yogurt or other breakfast item. The coffee was always prepared to our personal taste. We stayed for ten days while becoming acquainted with Boquete and enjoyed every day.

Room Tip: First floor are great, but the view of the river is better from the upper two floors.