“Loved it”

Pearl Continental Hotel Rawalpindi
Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Rawalpindi
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Its a small hotel by today's standards, but a real comfy one. Especially liked its Front Page Cafe. It was just lovely and very very relaxing after a really long day. Room was good too. Basically the whole experience was a very comfortable and relaxing one. Service was excellent. Had to leave early the next day so couldn't try the buffet breakfast, instead complimentary breakfast was served in our room which was good.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
PC-Hotel-Rawalpindi, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Rawalpindi, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for taking time to share comments on your recent stay with us and I am happy that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. In the mean time, I had the liberty of sharing your comments with my team.

Once again, thank you very much and look forward to welcome you again with us soon.

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for Pearl Continental Hotel Rawalpindi

Reviewed October 19, 2013

An improvement. Still only an average rating, but a definite improvement. The bathroom had been upgraded as had the room and this served to make the stay much more agreeable. Breakfast was ok, but the major downer was that on my return to the UK and going through the credit card statement, the hotel had charged me twice for the same stay!!! Not professional and not what I would have expected of such a hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Sir,

We are thankful to you for taking a few moments of your precious time to give us your feedback. We believe in perfection and ensure that our guests are satisfied with not only the quality of hotel facilities but also with the standard of service.

We have taken a serious note of credit card double charging, however, could you please send us your full name and dates for check in & check out enabling to us contact the bank for this issue and we will keep you posted in this regard. We would like to assure you that we will take the corrective measures for your comfortable stay in future.

Look forward to your reply.

With best regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed at the Pearl Continental Rawalpindi for a week on business in September 2013. Although I recalled stays at the Pearl Continental in Lahore and Bhurban a decade ago, I had never had an occasion to stay at the PC in Rawalpindi before this.

The entire experience was very good. Check-in was respectful and efficient; the room was well appointed, generous in size, comfortable, quiet, and equipped with Internet (although the speed was a bit slow). The hotel staff, from reception, to housekeeping to bell staff were helpful and responsive. The room was a treat, even though it was rated as standard. The hotel apparently has an Executive Floor as well as the standard floors where I stayed, which advertised available snacks and a lounge, but I didn't experience that.

The hotel has a number of restaurants; however, I ate only in the Front Page Cafe, which had snacks and sandwiches - all I wanted in the evenings - and at the breakfast buffet (included in the room rate). While the choices in the Cafe were many and generous in serving size, the breakfast buffet was disappointing in some respects. Getting coffee served was challenging almost every morning; if one wanted eggs (any style), they had to be ordered from the cook, and some cooks were more familiar with how to prepare egg dishes to western tastes than others: for example the use of pre-packaged cheese slices and hot peppers in an cheese omelette was disappointing, to say the least. The breakfast buffet caters to the diversity of clientele the hotel serves: there were dishes for Pakistani, Japanese and Western palates, but the hot dishes catered primarily to the Japanese and Pakistani clientele. The yoghurt (several flavours- very good), fruit (only a couple of fresh choices) and pasteries (very good and varied) were apparently what Western clientele were expected to choose. However, this complaint is minor in the overall scheme of my week's stay at the PC.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the PC and will return there when I go back in November.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NGeorge
PC-Hotel-Rawalpindi, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Rawalpindi, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Mr. George,
We would like to thank you for taking time to share comments on your recent stay with us and I am happy that in most of the areas, you enjoyed your stay and food. However, I feel sorry to read that some particular services did not meet your expectations and we should be looking into it for improvement. In the mean time, I had the liberty of sharing your comments with our Executive Chef hope that you don’t have to face this problem on your next visit.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Good food and nice people!
High tea is cheap and quality if good.
Hotel is easily accessible (location is excellent) though there is a lot of security clearance!
For foreigner, the evening time is better for this hotel (make sure you know in Pakistan the temp can be 40c ..:))

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank DrMusi
PC-Hotel-Rawalpindi, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Rawalpindi, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Dr. Musi ,

Thank you very much for your recent visit to our hotel. It is indeed gratifying to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us as it is always our earnest desire to provide the best in service and hospitality. I have taken the liberty of sharing your kind comments with my team members.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.

With kind regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This is definitely the best hotel in the Country and maybe in the world with its stunning views and sprawling grounds! The service is par excellence- we were made to feel like the only guests in an almost full hotel.

After the first day, the staff knew our breakfast choices including what each kid would like made for them. They offered to make anything that the kids liked including shakes, pizzas, pastas etc. The staff was most courteous without being too much in the face.

I have to mention that our stay was made extra special by the manager Mr. Faisal Rehman. He ensured that our stay was the most comfortable possible.

We were travelling with small kids as well as elderly people and all three generation enjoyed the trip thoroughly. We had a suite room and the view and comfort was simply amazing.

Well done Mr. Hashwani.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Mr. Usama ,

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at our hotel.

With kind regards,

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I stayed overnight in this hotel and it was an average hotel in Pakistan standarts, The advantage of the hotel is its close proximity to the airport. The personnel was trying to be friendly but they were not trained well enough and it showed. The rooms in the hotel were not clean enough for a 5 star hotel and there were loud generator noise in the hotel when we experienced electricity cut out 5 times during the night and 3 times in the morning. Breakfast was really bed, you can hardly find something to eat except omlette bar. And the real nuisance was the check out at hte reception. Check out at the reception was really terrible when it gets crowded, because they allocated only one station for the check out and there were a few people checking out at the same moment as I was, and a line forms in front of the check out station while there were 2 more computers and receptionists behind the desk doing nothing, just watching the people waiting in the line. When I addressed the problem with the lady behind the desk, she politely said she would relay the matter to her manager, but we kept waiting in line and it took me 15-20 minutes to finish checking out from the hotel, and it was unacceptable for a 5 star hotel, considering there were 2 more persons in front of me. I will not prefer to stay in this hotel just because of this matter, because I do not want to live the same experience when I am leaving the hotel.

Room Tip: Just pick another hotel :)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Hasmet,

We have taken a serious note of the shortcomings pointed out by you, discussed the suggestions and forwarded it to concerned departments. We would like to assure you that we will take the corrective measures for your comfortable stay in future.

We hope that this will deter you from visiting our hotel on your next visit to Rawalpindi and look forward to welcome you again.

With best regards,

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely time slight problem with extending the stay but mr nadeem who was the duty manager and ehsan at reception helped me to extend the room..... everything was brillian well im actually still in the hotel for another few nights so it is a very good experience and will definetely stay again........

• Stayed: October 2013
PC-Hotel-Rawalpindi, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Rawalpindi, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Mr. Ismail,

Thank you very much for your kind comments on your recent stay with. I am pleased to know that all arrangements went very well and our associates extended full cooperation to make your stay comfortable and memorable.

Looking forward to welcome you again with us!

Your Sincerely,

Aamir H. Kazi

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rawalpindi
Royalton Hotel
#2 of 10 in Rawalpindi
Hotel Crown Plaza
Hotel Crown Plaza
#13 of 23 in Islamabad

Been to Pearl Continental Hotel Rawalpindi? Share your experiences!