“Expensive price for just views!!”

Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Bhurban
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

Before you enter PC Bhurban you have to pay a Rs. 500 toll unless you are going for an event or are staying there in which case you are exempted. As you move further your vehicle will be scanned by a dog later your bags will be scannned and tagged everytime you enter the hotel. The main entrance is at 4th floor where all the halls, reception, Nadia restuarant, Terrace Cafe and a couple of shops are situated. The rooms are further down. At the basement or first floor the gym/fitness club, kids play area and few more shops are located. If you go out from there you can find scenic views along with the pool and Chinar Hall which is situated further ahead. The view from Terrace Cafe is no doubt wonderful. The rooms are very expensive esp if you opt for valley view room. The food is just like any other PC: expensive and tasteless. There is a prayer area also near the gym which is a very nice facility for visitors. Not everyone can afford to stay here but I advise atleast visit it and have a good view of Murree which would be worth paying the toll.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Salaaar
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at our hotel.

Just wanted to clarify that the idea behind charging the entry fee is to limit the number of day visitors in order to provide conducive environment to staying guests. Also, this fee is adjustable in the bill. No fee is charged to hotel guests and those attending an event or meeting.

Unfortunately, due to prevailing security environment in the country, we have to take all measures to safeguard our guests, employees and hotel building.

Best regards

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Awesome location and a beautiful resort. The service is good but u dont get the high standard service which u expect whenu pay a high price. The breakfast is awesome with a lot of variety however the food in general is expensive. It lacks a swimming pool which is a major drawback

• Stayed: December 2012
3  Thank Mirza H
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Mr. Mirza,

Thank you for your valuable feedback which is an excellent tool to know about how we are doing and take corrective actions for improvement.

I am pleased to let you know that we are looking into the provision of Indoor heated Swimming Pool and currently working with a Chinese Company on solar heating solution . We shall keep you informed of further developments in this regard.

Look forward to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Wow, the drive up from Islamabad was truly spectacular. Unfortunately, the weather was a little overcast and there was a bit of mist around.
We arrived at the hotel to stop for a hot beverage and a morsel or two. After going through the relevant security checks (all very official, quick and pleasant), arrived at the hotel entrance and greeted most pleasantly by the staff.
What a lovely foyer and the smiles of the staff were certainly rays of sunshine to keep at bay the rolling fog.
The terrace overlooking the landscaped gardens was a great place to seat our weary bones while the fog rolled in and the rain spattered. As we were encased in glass, this added to the ambiance. Scoffing an excellent soup and deep fried mozzarella fingers, I was very content.
My only tip would be "don't order a cappuccino"... at least, it definitely wasn't the cappuccino I am familiar with.

Room Tip: Unfortunately, we didn't stay at the hotel, however, I have it on high authority that when other...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank MisterD-01
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback which is an excellent tool to know about our performance and take corrective actions to bring about improvement.

I am pleased to let you know that we have started a comprehensive refresher training of our Restaurant Staff on proper coffee making including Espresso, Cappuccino, Caffe Latte, Americano etc. and I am very confident that we shall be able to offer you excellent Coffee next time you visit our hotel.

We look forward to hosting you again soon.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

During a recent workshop in which I was involved, I spent 3 nights in this very picturesque and charming hotel high up in the Murree Hills about a 2 hour drive from Islamabad. I was in one of the executive rooms which I found very comfortable and spacious with very picturesque views over the hills and occasional views of the distant Himalayas (especially the sunrise viewed form each room's private balcony). The wi-fi and internet was pretty good throughout the hotel and on the one occasion when I had some difficulty connecting late at night (11pm) the IT support came to my room and installed a signal range booster which solved the problem (very good service). The room had a modern flat screen TV which offered a variety of English & Urdu language programmes. The bathroom was well equipped with a good sized walk in shower. Throughout the hotel I found staff extremely courteous, friendly and helpful even if on occasions some had difficulty understanding English. I could not fault them.

The food in the two restaurants; The Nadia (International and Pakistani) and the Tai-Pan (Chinese) was of a good standard throughout the 3 days.

Whilst the weather was not conducive to using the swimming pool the grounds were peaceful and there is a fairly energetic circular walk of 1-2 kilometres along a secluded but safe & well guarded pathway however a word of caution this involves a series of steps down and them up again (The steps seemed to total about 200)

Whilst the hotel is a little dated it has an individual charm and has been designed so as to merge into the very picturesque environment of the Murree Hills.

All in all a very enjoyable and successful stay.

Room Tip: Ask for an executive room with views over the hills
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DBtraveller

Thank you very much indeed for your kind words of appreciation in relation to the quality of products and services at our hotel. I am pleased to know that your stay was well coordinated and comfortable.

I have already taken the liberty of passing on your compliments to our team here and we are all looking forward to have the pleasure of hosting you again soon.

Warm Personal Regards
Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I had trouble even entering the compounds of PC Bhurban hotel. About 100 meters before the hotel there was a toll of Rs. 200 for travelling that road. I argued with the toll collector who told me that he has no control on the money and I have to pay it, which I did. The PC guards at the entrance of the hotel stopped me and wanted Rs. 500 for entrance to the hotel. I told him that I wanted to look at the hotel and if I like the room I may check in. He told me that that Rs. 500 will be deducted from the room charges and any food I eat in the hotel. I told him what if I do not like the room or the hotel then what will happen. He said that then I will lose this money. After an long argument with the security and not able to convince him I decided to turn back and never return to this hotel. I consider this bad customer service from the hotel as a guest is not even allowed to see the location before making a decision to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
11  Thank Shahid K
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I spent two nights with my family, although expensive but still a very good place to stay although there are some gaps but still ignoreable, food taste is very good as compare to Pindi PC, location is very nice and calm away from hustle n bustle of Muree ..

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank FarazSh
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel products and services. We are using your excellent feedback to bring about improvements needed to further enhance our guests experience.

You have got a valid point about pricing. However, due to non availability of Natural Gas, Water shortage, excessive consumption of Diesel required for self generation of electricity and distance from city centre, cost of hotel operation in Bhurban is approximately 70% greater compared to City Hotel.
Please let me know about your future visit to enable us to extend best possible rates.

Very best regards

Reviewed July 26, 2013

The rooms are clean and well decorated but its not only the decoration which makes any hotel a 5 star hotel. Its the service & efficiency of the staff and genuine care for the guest which makes any hotel a true 5 star hotel( after all in hotels there are no customers there are GUESTS).
The root of the problem is that there are no competitors for PC hotels in Pakistan so they have made themselve kings of hospitality. This PC Burban would have run out of business with its current level of service if there has been any good competitor.
These people know that there,s no other place to go so they have made PC only a money making machine.
would recommend the hotel for short stays

Room Tip: Before you pay go and see the room yourself otherwise you might find yourself in small corner room u...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Rehankhan252
ZulfiqarAM, General Manager at Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Mr Rehan Khan,

Thank you very much for your valuable comments in relation to your recent stay at Pearl Continental, Bhurban. Certainly, guest feedback is a very important tool to learn about how we are doing and bring about necessary changes to enhance guest experience.

I fully agree with you that the hotel trade is "the ultimate people business". We can not succeed in the long term just because we are big or long established but just because there are men and women in it who live it, share the same values and purpose, care for and respect others, and have talent for the job.

As we know, success is never final in any business and there are always opportunities to teach and train our people to extend service excellence. Rest assured, we are vey aggressively working on improving our service, efficiency and productivity standards.

Look forward to have another opportunity of hosting you again.

Zulfiqar Malik

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bhurban
Shangrila Resort Hotel Murree Hills
#2 of 2 in Bhurban
Bhurban Apartments
Bhurban Apartments
#2 of 3 in Bhurban

Been to Pearl Continental Hotel Bhurban? Share your experiences!