“Best service customer satisfaction” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Resort Sur Beach Holiday

Resort Sur Beach Holiday
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Sur
“Best service customer satisfaction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

U need any thing there are two guys Darwin and Karim they twins they will do anything possible to help you very friendly and knowledgable customer satisfaction is their priority they upgraded me to a suite for free very helpfull in organizing trips and curtious

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Asadulla S
GRODept, Guest Relations Manager at Resort Sur Beach Holiday, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Dear Asadulla S,

It is with great pride that we would like to express our gratitude for the comments that you have shared for our staff. We have passed it on to the team and we are equally pleased as much as you do. It will be our pleasure to welcome you once again in the near future.

Guest Relations Department

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Polish first
Lahore, Pakistan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Sur in itself is a beautiful city with lots of serenity and tranquility. The overall experience was very soothing when compared to the day to day hustle bustle of Muscat, Oman.

The property is exceptionally well placed closed to the entrance of the city when travelling by road from Muscat and centrally located with all important places of Sur being easily approachable. The biggest selling point is the Ocean View from almost all angles. I could not be accommodated in the rooms so I was given a luxury villa which had a terrific view of the Ocean and its white sand Beach.

The villa itself and the property on the whole is relatively old. Signs of wear and tear were prominent right from the moment I wanted to enter the villa. The lock wouldn't budge and I was forced to call a staff member to open the lock for me. This meant walking through the whole uncovered parking lot (which is not a very pleasant experience in Oman's heat) to the reception. It is regretful that this was a regular thing throughout my 3 day stay because I just couldn't figure out how the staff managed to unlocked the door. I didnt manage it myself even once.

A slight disappointment was that I could not use the swimming pool during my stay due to the on-going "regular" maintenance and clean-up. When I decided to draw myself a bath instead, I realized that the water drain in the bath-tub was loose and couldnt hold the stopper. However, the front desk sent someone to fix it. The repair guy used a solvent/glue with a very strong odor which rendered that washroom useless till the next morning.

Otherwise, the staff was reasonably helpful and the food was good. I was particularly fond of the breakfast buffet, which unlike most other hotels in Oman had loads of fresh fruit.

I traveled alone on Business. Would I stay here again? If I am in Sur again, why not...the view was amaaazing...however, I will make sure I get a room/villa with a lock that's operable by an average joe like me and that the bathroom amenities are in order before I am allotted the room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
GRODept, Guest Relations Manager at Resort Sur Beach Holiday, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Trippppie,

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us and the kind comments about our staff. We have lifted up your concerns to the rest of the team and necessary actions have been made. We are grateful that you are considering us on your next stay and we are definitely hopeful to welcome you once again.

Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Me and my husband stayed there for just one night. We really enjoyed the Ocean view room and also the delicious food in the restaurant , we were very upset when we found that we have to pay to use the internet in the room which is very costly , also we couldnt swim in the beach!! because its very dirty and full of rocks. swimming pool is very small. the foyer is horrible!! a total mess.
The hotel is clean and staff is very kind specially the Egyptian receptionist who thinks he is a pharaoh.
We hope to find some changes in our next visit 2014.

Room Tip: choose a high floor room
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Elena P
GRODept, Guest Relations Manager at Resort Sur Beach Holiday, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Elena P,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to share a review. As our Resort is at a public beach, there are some debris that are beyond our control. On your next visit, we hope that you get to enjoy our free and unlimited access of internet service at the lobby area. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Walking into the foyer gives you a clue to when the hotel was built. Wacky lime green and yellow decor, harp back to the '70's. We had a few false starts trying to locate our room, its quite a rabbit warren of buildings tacked together into one. The room is smallish and the furniture continues the '70's theme. Shame really because that's very superficial and could easily be fixed by changing the heavy curtains and getting rid of the 2 superfluous heavy chunky armchairs that blocked access to the balcony.
The balcony has a great view, we watched the locals play soccer on the beach. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom clean and very functional.
The restaurant repeats the foyer's lime green and yellow colour scheme, has a panoramic view of the beach during the day and crazy bright flouro lighting at night. Despite there being very few guests it was quite a challenge to grab a waiter for a menu then an even greater challenge to get one to take an order. There was no shortage of staff, they just seemed to walk around in circles doing nothing guest related, very Faulty Towers!
There really isn't much to choose from in Sur by way of tourist hotels and most tourists are only using the hotel as a stopover on their way to somewhere else. Sur Beach Hotel fits that purpose extremely well and we would certainly choose to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 3littlepigsgotroppo,

Thank you for your valuable review. We have taken your comments very positively and we do appreciate that you are considering us on your next visit. Looking forward to welcoming you back.

Torino
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This hotel is a good starting point to explore the nearby, especially Wadi Tiwi and Wadi Shab. Sur does not offer any interesting tourist attraction. The en-suite room was spacious with a nice balcony on the Oman Gulf. It was equipped with a TV, a hair dryer and two closets. A welcome fruit basket was delivered to us as soon as we entered the room. The bathroom was clean, provided with all sort of soaps, lotions and vanity kits and there was also a bathtub. The hotel had a covered parking area, a swimming pool, an outdoor resting area, an Internet bar and a good restaurant on the first floor. In the lobby you can have a free wi-fi access. The restaurant had a good selection of vegetarian dishes and served an incredibly rich buffet breakfast, with special dishes prepared on demand by the chef. We found the same menu at the Ras Al Hadd Beach Hotel, which belongs to the same hotel chain. The staff was very kind and helpful, providing us with some touristic information.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear biol76,

Thank you for sharing a review on Trip Advisor. It’s nice to hear the comments you shared about our kind and helpful staff, and we are happy to tell you that the same will be extended for your anticipation on your next visit. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

doha
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

me and my wife stay there for 3 nights and 4 days last May 2 to May 5. I would say our stay was fantastic, the hotel meets my expectation or even more than i was expecting. we stay in the 3rd floor with a balcony overlooking the ocean. We were able to visit the turtle sanctuary, the desert and wadi experience is also awesome. thanks to our tour organizer Mr Anthony and our tour guide Kamrul. I would like to thank Mr Kareem too for his effecient arrangment of our arrival from Muscat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juncelebria
GRODept, Guest Relations Manager at Resort Sur Beach Holiday, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Dear juncelebria,

We are very pleased to learn about your positive impression that you shared with us. It bring us much joy that we exceeded your expectation. Thank you for your kind patronage and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back.

Port Harcourt, Nigeria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hospitality I received in sur Beach Hotel is quite excellent and I enjoyed every bit of my stay. Today make my fourth week of my stay and I have more two weeks more to stay before returning back to my country. I will recommend this hotel anytime for Tourist, Business visit e.t.c.

Room Tip: Make your request clear
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
GRODept, Guest Relations Manager at Resort Sur Beach Holiday, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Dear Joshua E,

It is great to know that you were glad with your stay and we have shared your compliments with the rest of the team. We all look forward to welcome you back to our resort.

Guest Relations Department
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sur
Sur Plaza Hotel
Golden Tulip Nizwa
#1 of 6 in Nizwa
Resort Ras Al Hadd Holiday
Ras al-Jinz Turtle Reserve

Been to Resort Sur Beach Holiday? Share your experiences!