“Disappointing experience and very expensive”
Review of Sahari Restaurant

Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Sur
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I visited this restaurant with three other friends for dinner.I requested if they have grilled fish because it was not listed on the menu. The waitress said yes so I ordered this. My friends ordered a seafood platter . When our food eventually arrived they brought the grilled fish for my friends too who ordered a seafood platter. When we told the waitress about it she started to argue with us. We did not want to ruin the evening further so we left it at that. When the bill arrived we were shocked to find that the grilled fish was £30 each!!In Muscat I never pay more than £14!! And then it is enough for 3 people.I would not recommend this restaurant at all;but if you have no other option please make sure of the prices of the food that. is not listed on the menu

3  Thank Johann D

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Good food in a town that is not tourist orientated. The pizzas are huge and very tasty. Friendly staff, good outdoor eating area.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

The hotel is a little rough but has easy parking - restaurant up the stairs - like an airport cafeteria in feel. Large room - old decor - bizarre menu mixing 70's style western and basic Omani.

If you want something from the bar it must be within certain hours - not all day.

Not cheap but not expensive - nice view of sea.

1  Thank ekholden
Reviewed April 15, 2012

The Sahari restaurant is owned by the hotel Al Ayjah Plaza and has a nice view over the lagoon. The food was mediocre and totally uninspired. The owner told me that the staff would be replaced soon.

1  Thank Luc P
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Right next door to the Al-Ayjah Plaza hotel this restaurant serves really tasty and good value middle-eastern food. Delightful staff were glad to see us for a bite at sunset. The views from the large dining tables outside are lovely with fishermen preparing their boats for the night's trip. In teh morning we could see them unloading their catch in the morning. Brilliant. We ate freshly caught grilled fish they call 'Sheri'. The restaurant doesn't serve alcohol howver, and there is a giant screen outside so if there is a football match on I imagine dining may be less than peaceful! But, this is a genuine and honest establishment in the nicest part of Nizwa just across the bridge from the main town.