“Nothing short of amazing!”
Review of Desert Nights Camp

Desert Nights Camp
Ranked #1 of 4 Specialty Lodging in Sur
Houston, Texas
“Nothing short of amazing!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We went here second year in a row. Amazing! Sand boarding, quad biking, wadi close by, food great. And a bar... Sunset rides. Staff as always amazing!

Thanks again for 3 great days and see you next year!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
alwasil, Manager at Desert Nights Camp, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Dear Guests.

Our heartfelt gratitude for taking some time off to give your feed back to us. Client’s opinion is always an important tool for us to improve our services.

I am very much happy to hear that we have lived up to your expectations and as a regularly client of ours we thank you for staying with us. I have raised your experience during our service team meetings thanked all my team for the service provided to our valuable clients.

Camp Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Polish first
Padua, Italy
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I spent two nights at the Desert Camp in Wahiba Sands. The experience was absolutely nice! The tend ( with solid walls) was a suite with separate bath, sitting room and the sleeping room. Perfeclty clean and extremely comfortable. There is also a patio an which people can sit and enjoy the unforgetable nights. Restaurant located in the middle of the camp, served a wonderful western buffet, also a barbeque was there .
Staff very polite and professional.
i suggest to do the excursion by 4x4 car of the hotel on the sand dunes ( cost 11 OMR) very very exiciting.

Room Tip: All the chalet are the same. Number 1-2-3 are the nearest to the reception
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

London
Reviewed April 7, 2013

It is arguably a most thankless task to try to provide an "experience", when autheniticity may mean discomfort and comfort may undermine the very authenticity one aims to proffer to your visitors. Desert nights camp is caught in that dilemma and in my opinion has probably erred in its desire to provide comfort to the detriment of authenticity. As someone who likes his creature comfort, I am not one to fault them too much. The air-conditioning units in the room are noisy and put paid the idea of "hearing" the silence of the desert, but without it, the heat in the tent would have been unbearable. The food is great, but is it the kind of food the Bedouins would have in their tents? Doubt it. The camp site is too well-lit to fully appreciate the desert night sky but having children and old folks around, it can't afford to be less illuminated. The sand dunes are a revelation. The fine sands are silky and the ripples on the dunes are an art form. Quad biking in the sand dunes are exhilarating. One tip for people who like to take photos: don't take your best cameras to the dunes, the fine sands get in everywhere. My Canon is now ruined.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guests.

we will looking to ac noise problem in our next management meeting as we would want our clients to have nice quite environmental effect of the desert .

Leicestershire
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Our deluxe tented suite was actually a solid building draped in canvas so we had all the advantages of solidly built accommodation with the romance of a night camping in the desert. There is no getting away from the fact that this is a resort, complete with complementary camel rides and 4x4 rides up over the dunes to see the sun setting. But it is well done. The "tented suite" was spacious and comfortable. For the desert it was warm at night so we needed the air-conditioning but unfortunately it was quite noisy and led to broken sleep. A reasonable standard buffet or bbq dinner was included in the price of the room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Worcestershire
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here during a recent tour of Oman. The chalets, (they're not tents,) are clean and comfortable. Food was good with plenty of variety and there is a bar on-site for a relaxing sun-downer.
The chalets are well spaced apart which adds to the sense of peace and quiet. Our room was not very dark at night, (outside lights shining in and stand-by lights on for electricity etc.) which made for an interrupted night's sleep.
We took the trip onto the dunes to watch the sunset which is included in your stay. This was slightly disappointing as there was only one 4x4 taking guests up, a few at a time and as everyone in the resort was going, it was a bit of a drawn out experience. Once up on the dunes, with so many people around, it didn't feel relaxed or peaceful. The resort can also offer quad biking and camel riding during your stay.
In summary, an interesting and comfortable place to stay. One or two nights would possibly be plenty.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We spent two nights at Desert Sands at the beginning of our trip to Oman. Our tent was very comfortable and beautifully decorated. We very much enjoyed driving up to the top of the dunes both evenings to watch the sun set. We also did the short camel ride around the camp and had a great time on the quad bikes tour as well. lots of different things to choose from for breakfast and dinner, and we enjoyed the bedouin music in the evenings on the patio. The service at Desert Nights was excellent and i would most certainly recommend it to travelers who are planning to include the desert in their itinerary.

Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jennifer H

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed here two times now. First, in september, for our anniversary and again in January with my parents. Both times it was a fantastic stay. 5 star service in the wonderful Wahiba Sands.
Great rooms, great food, great staff and really nice tailor-made excursions. We could even take our three year old along on the quadbiketour!
Will definitely visit again!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank WendydePlaa

Camp Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sur
Sur Plaza Hotel
Ras al-Jinz Turtle Reserve
Arabian Oryx Camp
Arabian Oryx Camp
#3 of 8 in Wahiba Sands

Been to Desert Nights Camp? Share your experiences!