“Experience in Sur Plaza”
Review of Sur Plaza Hotel

Sur Plaza Hotel
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Sur
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Experience in Sur Plaza”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

very comfortable hotel with all eminities, rooms nice, clean and big, Has a lovely swimming pool, and lobby very artistically made with a beautiful glass ceiling and lovely lobby balcony facing the main lobby. Oyster restaurant kept very Arabic and good variety of buffet breakfast

Room Tip: Choose a main road facing room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank alstondm
alwasil, Manager at Sur Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dear guest,
Many thanks for your comments which we appreciate very much.

Comments with regards to our property and your appreciation to maintaining the hotel architecture is most valued. Also your comments regards to brekfast is well noted and have been passed on to our Chef.

Once again, we thank you for choosing to stay at Sur Plaza Hotel. We value your comments and look forward to your return visit in the future.

Sur Plaza Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sevenoaks
Reviewed December 9, 2011

I was revisiting Sur and wanted a the best hotel. Despite some variable reviews, this is the best available.
Check was easy with a cheery Omani on the desk. I was helped with my luggage to the room, which was nicely decorated and well furnished. The beds were great for me and I had a good nights sleep. A nice touch was the carpet, quiet AC and flat screen TV which made the room feel very European. Also noise proof.
Dinner was good and moderate price, beer is slightly dearer than London prices, but competitive within Oman. Not a problem if you need a pint or two after a hot day outside.
Breakfast was very reasonably priced, 4/- incl taxes. The selection was fine. The waiting staff are all well trained and asked if they could do any more for us. A big improvement on some other hotels nearer to home.
I remember this hotel originally being a Mercure, hence the Western feel. A nice place to stay,

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
5 Thank mjw44
Dear guest,
Many thanks for sharing you views of Sur Plaza Hotel during your recent stay with us on www.tripadvisor.com. We sincerely appreciate the effort taken.

Your comments have been shared with the relevent staff members in view of improving and as a factor for motivation. We have planned further improvements to the propoerty in the near future which upon your return visit will sure to delight you.

Once again, we thank you for your views and look forward to your return visit in the future.

Reviewed November 9, 2011

Sur plaza for us was a decent stay, it's neat, clean batrooms and quite. As of food, they can or should have more variety, specially india food

• Stayed November 2011
Dear guest,
Firstly, please accept my sincere apologies for the experience you encountered during your last visit to Sur Plaza Hotel. These experiences are very unfortunate and does not in anyway reflect what we are capable of delieving in service and quality.

The issue with Amex have been settled and thus far we have not encountered similar issues. We have taken necessary steps to inform our credit card facility suppliers of this occurance and have taken necessary steps to avoid same in the future.

I am quite alarmed by the over billing issue. I encourage you to contact me at managersur@omanhotels.com urgently if the over billing issue is not settled to your satisfaction.

We appreciate your comment with regards to your satisfaction with the rooms and comfort level. I trust this is evident after a substantial room refurbishment programme which ocured during mid last year.

The mini bar procedure is set where it is recommended to note in the mini bar sheet your daily consumption for the operational ease of both parties. However, we will review this process in order to seek more convenient practice for our guests.

Your comments with regards to quality of buffet and food is noted. I have personally discussed this comment with our Chef and have taken measures to improve the quality, presentation and choice with immediate effect. I trust during your next visit the quality of same will have improved.

Our beverage prices are set as per the pruchase costs and overheads experienced in the locality. However, we do timely promotions to ensure that value for money from guests perspective is availed.

in summary, we certainly value your honest views of your stay with us. Whist thanking for same, we can only encourage you to revisit us in the future to experince our renewed hospitality once again.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Well they say they take American Express, but on checking out the machine wouldn't except neither of my AMEX cards and 2 of my Visa cards, and they said it was my problem and nothing to do with the machine, now I was there nearly 2 weeks and the bill was rather big and they ordered me to use the ATM so I told them where to go.
In the end they took a photo copy of my AMEX card (bad mistake) as when I checked my bill on line, little to my surprise around £100 more was taken off, I have tried to contact them by phone and they asked for my email address which they then replied with no answer, very disgusted.
The rooms are fine, comfortable and clean, the only annoying thing is that you have to fill in a sheet for everything you take from the mini bar or it doesn't get replaced.
The food is terrible, if you use the buffet, and its too late in the evening, its cold but they still serve it, the menu isn't much good either.
the drinks are expensive in the bar, but your in the middle of nowhere so I can't really argue on that one

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank pony5555
alwasil, Manager at Sur Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, May 5, 2012
Dear guest,
Firstly, let me sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered during you last stay with us. Our main concern if that of the additional charges that we had charged according to your comment. If this is not rectified, please contact me on managersur@omanhotels.com with relevent details to investigate further.

We thank you for your honest views and look forward to hearing from you in the near future.

Muscat, Oman
Reviewed August 31, 2011

The rooms are perfect and the furniture and bathroom are brand new. I stayed in this hotel on January the rooms were different but the hotel is under rennovation and most of the rooms are ready. If your detonation is Sur don't look further and book in this hotel. I tried all other hotels in Sur and this is the best.

• Stayed August 2011
Dear guest,
Many thanks for your words of appreciation of your recent stay at Sur Plaza Hotel.

We are delighted to express that the planned rennovation of rooms are complete and all rooms are of high standard.

Mostly we appreciate your confidence in us and sincerely look forward to your return visit in the future.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I have stayed in the Sur Plaza several times because of work commitmennts in the area. My stay is usually for 3 or 4 days . The hotel is simple and the staff pleasant. If you read the reviews here you will gather that. Internet is slow and sometimes not accessible - this is an Omantel problem, not really the hotel's. The bigest problem I have is the cleanliness of the rooms - beware - I have been bitten by bed bugs on several occasions when staying here. You only realise a day or so after being bitten when ugly red, itchy and irritating bites appear. I counted 15 bits. Any doubt that I had been bitten in the hotel were dismissed as this has happened on the lst 2 occasions that I have stayed there. My colleague was also bitten the previous week. The more people who complain to reception the better, as perhaps they will do something about it!

Room Tip: Stress you want a room free from bedbugs with clean linen everyday!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank yamtrevy
Dear guest,
Firstly, we thank you for your honest views during your stay with us and sincerely appreciate your patronage in the past.

We have taken your comments very seriously and have taken steps to improve cleanliness in the rooms as highlighted by you. Initially, a comprehensive training programme for the room staff have been initatiated in improving cleanliness. The results are encouraging and we see gradual improvement in the cleanliness of rooms.

Our overall pest management process also is under review and as a result, necessary steps taken to overcome similar incidents in the future.

We trust you will decide to revisit us in the near future to experince the improvements we have taken. I encourage you to contact me on managersur@omanhotels.com prior to your next visit so that I may personally manage your arrival to Sur Plaza Hotel.

Once again, we thank you for your comments which is appreciated very much.

Resident Manager

Travelers are raving about these Sur hotels

GENT
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Clean room like a mercure room, central airco ! Gentle staff ,good breakfast! Oyster restaurant not cheap but very good. Swimming pool is a plus !You need a car to get there!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank egel33
Dear guest,
Many thanks for your comments relating to your last stay with us and appreciate the effort taken.

Your comments have been addressed in our staff meetings as a tool of communicating guest views and as a motivation factor.

We are also pleased to inform you that we have recently rennovated our rooms and also done improvements to public areas of the hotel. We urge you to experince these improvements during your next visit to Sur Plaza Hotel.

Once again we remain by thanking you for your comments.